cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor nofadov
Occasional Contributor

Can not unlock iPhone 5 on Optus

Hi I'm abroad now, needs my Optus iphone 5 to be unlocked, followed all instructions update iOS  to the latest version and still when put different sim and go through activation I see the mesage "Sim is not valid",  I sent my iphone for repair to apple a while ago may be that's why unlock not works? Is any one from support can help?iPhone 5 iOS 9.2 IMEI: 013729003170601

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Can not unlock iPhone 5 on Optus

Try chatting with them. Might be quicker to get this sorted if you're already OS

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Occasional Contributor

i click on the link but see empy page? can you check it please

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

I'd check your browser or change to another as the link is working fine.

i also assume you've done a full clean restore with the phone within iTunes then restore from your backup?

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

yes full restore in iTunes

0 Kudos
Moderator Alistar

Hi Nofad,

I've been able to check the handset for you regarding the IMEI and it's been noted that the handset is unlocked, are you still having probs?

Alistar.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alistar,are you sure its unlocked? because it's not ....restored iOS latest version and still having prob" sim not valid" when trying activate with other sim
tried to activate through iTunes and Wi-Fi all the same, why it's show unlocked in your system while it's clearly locked?
Can you contact Apple to resolve the matter asap? as I'm abroad I need to use my iPhone. thank you

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Just to confirm and certainly don't want to sound negative. You've restored as a new device having find my iPhone turned off and not upgraded to the latest iOS? Once that's done you can restore from backup and turn on Find my iPhone again.. 

Just for my sake so it can be ticked off otherwise dealing with Apple can be a long winded affair even for the mobile company. 

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Find my iPhone is Off, restored on mac then restored on Windows PC iTunes updated to latest version, iPhone restored as new, even try different cables NOTHING works,"invalid sim card" I called to apple to find out what the problem is and they check and told me that IMEI of the iPhone is locked!!!, some one here from support say in Optus system the handset is unlocked.how he checked ( if checked at all)? And technical support in Apple explained me that because the handst was replaced in some stage Optus unlocked old handset and new is still locked they going to email me in 2 working days confirmation later from apple stating that iphone 5 IMEI:013729003170601 Optus Australia is LOCKED to that particular network, I have to resend the later to Optus to ask them to unlock my iPhone again, it is some kind of magic circle, is here people from Optus reading it ?, what kind of customer support is that? Optus football me Apple and Apple to Optus, I'm abroad need to use my iPhone, spend fortune already on calls to Apple, Can you unlock it finally IMEI provided above? If you don't unlock your customer phones just admit it and stop playing games!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Find my iPhone is Off, restored on Mac then restored on Windows PC iTunes updated to latest version, iPhone restored as new, even try different cables NOTHING works,"invalid sim card" I called to Apple to find out what the problem is and they check and told me that IMEI of the iPhone is locked!!!, some one here from support say in Optus system the handset is unlocked.how he checked ( if checked at all)? And technical support in Apple explained me that because the handst was replaced in some stage Optus unlocked old handset and new is still locked they going to email me in 2 working days confirmation letter from apple stating that iphone 5 IMEI:013729003170601 Optus Australia is LOCKED to that particular network, I have to resend the letter to Optus to ask them to unlock my iPhone again, it is some kind of magic circle, is here people from Optus reading it ?, what kind of customer support is that? Optus football me Apple and Apple to Optus, I'm abroad need to use my iPhone, spend fortune already on calls to Apple, Can you unlock it finally IMEI provided above? If you don't unlock your customer phones just admit it and stop playing games!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors