cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor tyouil
New Contributor

Calls and text issue

I have recently bought an iPhone 8 Plus from an iPhone 5s and swapped the sim card from my old phone to my new one. I don't receive calls or texts from a specific number. I am certain that they have the correct number because I have given my number to them again and I only get voicemail notifications from the person. So what is the issue? and could it be caused by the sim card?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Re: Calls and text issue

Hello @tyouil,

That's strange! Do no text messages come through or are you just not receiving a notification for the messages? Are you sure they've sent you a message?  I can't rule out the SIM but if you're receiving Voicemail but not calls, it sounds like the contact is set to Do Not Disturb or they're set to be blocked. On your iPhone can you please go to: 

Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification. Check here that there number is not listed. 

Let me know how you go! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor tyouil
New Contributor

I don’t receive any text notification. I looked at my blocked number list, I haven’t blocked the number that’s trying to call me but maybe I have blocked the number that they are trying to text me because it’s actually work that’s trying to contact me and they use the telephone to call me and maybe a worker is using their own mobile to text me idk. But now when I think about it I do remember work calling me and it came through when I have my new phone but now it just stopped.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

Thanks tyouil. You might want to have the SIM replaced in an Optus store. I would also suggest asking that the rep that helps you, takes a quick look at your settings to see if there's anything that they can see that might be causing this. If they're unable to find anything and SIM replacement doesn't help, you'll need to raise the fault with our Technical Support team. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor tyouil
New Contributor

Yeah I think I might need to give into an Optus Store because it is weird, it doesn’t even show up as a missed call on the phone app.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors