cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor simmy7
Occasional Contributor

BROADBAND NBN

Despite 24 months my broadband (soon to be NBN, it won’t let me use ANYTHING other than ONE or maybe TWO devices to access networks. 

With 3 IPads, Apple TV, FETCH, 2 iPhones, Chromecast, Google Home, google MINI and the computers- all that money yet no service. 

I have tried 192.168.0.1 and maxed global clients 

Can ANYONE HELP ME. 

Thx Crowd as I would like to turn on my Smart TV - which is quite DUMB now. Lolz 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: BROADBAND NBN

Just one device on your connection can make life difficult for the others. Even though you can connect multiple devices it doesn't mean they are going to work as just one device streaming or doing torrents can stuff it for the rest. What are you using currently as in ADSL, Cable and what sort of speeds are you getting?

0 Kudos
New Contributor SField
New Contributor

Hi all,

My family and I recently changed over from ADSL to NBN. Both Optus services. Since changing over we have had nothing but problems and issues. Line dropping out at least 25 times a day, constantly resetting modem every day. My wife and kids have to use mobile data to complete work & school work. 

We have complained several times, but get a sms stating ‘line drop out within an acceptable range’. How is resetting the modem everyday acceptable! NBN might have quicker speeds, but it is so unreliable. Never had this issue on ADSL. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

My advice don’t swap until necessary and then DONT choose Optus as the provider!

Regards,

Steve

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thx 

checked speed and 33.3mbs (whistle out so upload speed?) 

Currently Cable Broadband and soon expected to re-contract w NBN as phasing out within 6 weeks. 

How can I be paying so much yet probably $2,000 in hardware inc Apple TV, GOOGLE (both) , and the various IPads, computers, FETCH, CHROMECAST etc I CANNOT USE. 

When I do one of my usual 90 min phone calls to OPTUS they just bounce me from techie to sales and around again. 

Are there ANY providers out there who can cope w a reasonable amount of home bandwidth 

All help much appreciated Crowd. 

PS finally my IWATCH (gift) is to be given a SIM - though absolutely NO help with how and where to place said SIM - cost $15 a month w 12 months contract. 

Yes it’s OPTUS or TELSTRA and they both don’t care beyond “sales”. Sad face EMOJI 🥴😩😩😖

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thx 

checked speed and 33.3mbs (whistle out so upload speed?) 

Currently Cable Broadband and soon expected to re-contract w NBN as phasing out within 6 weeks. 

How can I be paying so much yet probably $2,000 in hardware inc Apple TV, GOOGLE (both) , and the various IPads, computers, FETCH, CHROMECAST etc I CANNOT USE. 

When I do one of my usual 90 min phone calls to OPTUS they just bounce me from techie to sales and around again. 

Are there ANY providers out there who can cope w a reasonable amount of home bandwidth 

All help much appreciated Crowd. 

PS finally my IWATCH (gift) is to be given a SIM - though absolutely NO help with how and where to place said SIM - cost $15 a month w 12 months contract. 

Yes it’s OPTUS or TELSTRA and they both don’t care beyond “sales”. Sad face EMOJI 🥴😩😩😖

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Steve thx 

YES I spend half the day turning off and on. 

Thankfully daughter got 300mb w phone plan. 

Who is your provider now - if you don’t mind me asking 

best of luck and THANK YOU for taking the time to try and help 

Have an awesome weekend mate 😊🌟🌟🌟

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I have a similar issue but it all revolves around me using torrents. I don't seem to have the same issue when Netflix is running but I can certainly notice the difference. It doesn't seem to matter if I am using Optus or Telstra the impact is the same.

0 Kudos