Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Optus
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Apple trade in offer

Customers who sign up or recontract to an iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini on a 24 or 36 month device payment plan and trade in their old eligible handset are eligible for trade in credit of up to $300 in addition to a bonus $300 credit. Plus, when you combine this with our current $100.08 phone discount over 24 or 36 months, that’s a total saving of up to $700.08.

Offer period

Customers can take up the offer between the 3 May 2021 – 30 June 2021.

Can anyone take up the offer?

The offer is available to new and existing Consumer and Business customers who sign up or recontract to an iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini on a 24 or 36 month device payment plan during the offer period.

How do I claim the $300 credit offer?

Sign up or recontract via any assisted channel (Telesales over the phone, Webchat, Service) or Retail and trade in your old eligible device (select models only). The $300 bonus credit is dependent on the make and model of the old traded in device and the phone being in good working order. If no eligible device is traded in or the device isn’t in good working order, the bonus won’t be available. The $300 bonus credit is payable over the 24 or 36 month device payment plan selected.

FAQs

Q: How does the $700 iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini trade in offer work?

A: Get a lump sum of up to $300 (for iPhone XR, XS and iPhone 11, less for other models) when you trade in a selected phone in good working order and an additional $300 trade in credit applied as a monthly phone discount payable over 24 or 36 months. Plus, when you combine this with our current $100.08 phone discount over 24 or 36 months, that’s a total saving of up to $700.08. Monthly phone discounts are forfeited if you cancel early. To take advantage of this offer, message us, call us or go into your local store.

Q: What if my device is not in good working order, am I still eligible for the $300 bonus credit?

A: No, you are not eligible for the $300 bonus credit. If your device is not in good working order you should not submit your device for trade in and you will not receive the $300 bonus credit.

Q: What happens if I cancel or recontract my device payment plan early?

A: You can rate plan change between eligible plans however if you cancel of recontract your plan (including adding or removing a device) before the end of the plan tenure, you will forgo any of the remaining credits.

Q: What channels can I trade in my old device (select models) and claim the $300 bonus credit?

A: You can trade in your old device (select models) and claim the $300 bonus credit in any assisted channel (Telesales, Webchat, Service) or Retail. Please note, if you trade in via the Online portal you will not receive the $300 bonus credit.

Q: What is considered good working order?

A:Trade In devices must be returned in good working order. This means the phone is fully functional - that is, it makes and receives calls and texts, connects to the internet, and is not physically damaged, except for normal wear and tear as reasonably determined by us.  The phone must meet all the below criteria:

• must meet all the below criteria:
    • Can power on and off
    • Has a fully functional touchscreen and battery.
    • Is not physically damaged (e.g. does not have liquid damage, cracked, discoloured or bleeding screen (LCD) or casing, does not have any missing buttons or damage to other components such as charging ports or SIM tray).
    • Does not have any missing, disassembled, customised or non-genuine parts (this does not affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law).
    • Is not cracked (including the touchscreen) and does not have any severe scratches (normal wear and tear such as light marks and scratches are okay).
    • Has any locking features disabled (for example, find my iPhone on iOS devices).
    • Is not IMEI blocked.

Terms and Conditions

Trade in:
Eligible devices only. Trade in paid as credit on your bill after trade in process completed. Not redeemable for cash. Limit one trade in per service per contract. Your trade-in quote is based on the information you have provided about your device model and condition. If the device model or condition doesn’t match the information you provided, this may result in an adjusted trade-in value. If that’s the case, we’ll give you a call about the new value and discuss your options.
See www.optus.com.au/tradein for details and check device eligibility.

$300 bonus credit:
Customers who trade in an eligible device (see www.optus.com.au/tradein for T&Cs) in good working order and sign up or recontract to a 24 or 36 device payment plan for an eligible iPhone 12 or 12 Mini and stay connected to an eligible plan for 24 or 36 months will receive a $300 bonus credit payable over the 24 or 36 month device payment plan selected. Available to new and recontracting Consumer and SoHo Micro services only (excludes Business Channels, TechFund and Fleet). The bonus credit will be forfeited if the trade in is not completed or the device is not returned in good working order. Remaining bonus credit will be forfeited if a customer cancels or recontracts their service (which includes adding or removing a device payment plan). Not available with other handset offers unless specified. Offer available until 30/06/21.

$100.18 Phone Discount offer:
Monthly discount $4.17 or $2.78 for the 24 or 36 mth device payment plan respectively and remaining monthly discounts are forfeited if you cancel, recontract or change to an ineligible plan. N/A with other discount offers, unless specified.
Top Contributors