Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Apple Watch

Sechat

I have an Apple Watch Series 3 and I cannot receive calls as they go straight to my message bank. I can make calls out while my iphone is turned off. Can any body help?

Re: Apple Watch

Tris

Hiya, are you unable to answer calls coming through to your Apple Watch or is it a case of them not coming through at all? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Sechat

Hi 

They are not coming through at all but I can make calls out. I spoke to Optus Mayfield who said that you have to have your phone with you when receiving calls. This seems to defeat the purpose of the Apple Watch Series 3. I have spoken to Apple and they have not mentioned this issue, ie that you have to have your phone with you.

Dan_C

From what I've read, it should indeed be possible to use your Apple Watch away from your iPhone. Of Course, you'll need to have activated your number share profile with Optus, 

The following is an extract from Apples Support page:

If you have Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular)

If your iPhone and Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) are both connected to a cellular network, your watch can do everything that it normally does, even if your iPhone isn't with you.1 When your watch connects to a cellular network, Green dots icon appears in the Control Center.   

If your watch is connected to a cellular network, but your iPhone isn't nearby, your watch can do the same things that it can when using Wi-Fi. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Sechat

Hi Dan

You have to assume that I have tried everything. I have been on the phone with Apple for two hours looking for a solution with their experts. I have an appointment with Apple at Charlestown Stor tomorrow. It may be a hardware issue or something to do with Optus missed call service. I have not heard from anyone who has a Apple Watch Series 3 and an Optus account and the watch is working fine. Do these people exist? I have number sharing activitated. However at this stage I have not gone through the process of having number sharing unlinked and relinked by Optus. 

Solution

Sechat

Hi Dan

Just an update, I had Apple Care by phone reset my watch which unconnected my Optus service. I had an appointment with the Genius Bar at Apple Charlestown yesterday where my watch and phone tested OK. Finally it was decided that I was to get Optus to delete my plan from the watch and relink it after unpairing the watch.

This worked and now I can make and receive calls on my Apple Watch, at last.

Shauna

Thanks for the update, @Sechat. Glad to hear they were of some assistance!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos
7 Kudos
5 Kudos