Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Mlayland
New Contributor

Re: Apple Watch series 3 cellular not working

Would you mind detailing what you mean by formatting the Watch?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Cass_
RetiredModerator

Hi Mlayland. There was a fault raised for this issue but it has since been resolved. If you're still unable to activate your number share, send us a private message with your full name, DOB and account number or mobile number so we can check on it for you.

0 Kudos
New Contributor ErenBozdag
New Contributor

Hi all

Any solution for this yet?

Picked up 4 Apple watches for Xmas and only 1 of my family members Optus phones seem to connect to one.

I’ve got the error message “Your OPTUS account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact OPTUS at 133-937 for more information.”

My ticket with technical support has been escalated to the network team but no ETA or idea what the problem is as my account has data sharing activated.

Thanks

Eren 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Cass_
RetiredModerator

Hi @ErenBozdag - the issue with number sharing has since been resolved. If you're still experiencing this problem, can you please send us a private message with a screenshot of the error, along with your full name, DOB and account number or mobile number? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor ErenBozdag
New Contributor

Hi all,

Update: I've found out that the issue I am facing is that I'm on a 12 month plan. The Apple Watch cellular is only available to customers on a 24 month plan - of which there are no sim only plans. As I've already purchased a phone outright, I've been advised that the only other solution is to change my service provider to one that supports the cellular functions on a sim only plan.

Hope that clears it up for anyone else in my position!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Alexmorales
Occasional Contributor

Pasting this from another thread of blog posts to share my experience (hope some people have found a solution without so much pain): Re: IT DOESN'T WORK!! I've trying to activate mine with Optus for over 5 days now and Optus just won't do it (even if it's in their best interest). If you think it's just me do a little research in the Optus Yes blog so you see how many people is having the same issue. I've tried contacting Optus a million times and lost lots of time, but they just won't do it for me. Same for other people (as you can see for yourself if you just type Apple Watch in the search option). Optus team just keeps asking me for my phone number, date of birth and name and keep saying someone else will call, but they never do. I even have a "ticket number" and all (18140727 to prove I'm not lying), but no one really sees the case through. Take my word for it, I'm a sensible person, but this is just ridiculous. I'll update when and if I find an answer to this.

Please if someone has found a way to communicate with someone that will actually be interested in seeing the problem through please advise!!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Alexmorales
Occasional Contributor

Nooooo, impossible to communicate with one person in Optus that can help me. I've trying to activate mine with Optus for over 5 days now and Optus just won't do it (even if it's in their best interest). I've tried contacting Optus a million times and lost lots of time, but they just won't make it work. Same for other people (as you can see for yourself if you just type Apple Watch in the search option). Optus team just keeps asking me for my phone number, date of birth and name and keep saying someone else will call, but they never do. I even have a "ticket number" and all (18140727 to prove I'm not lying), but no one really sees the case through. Take my word for it, I'm a sensible person, but this is just ridiculous.

Hope you're having better luck. Any advice?

0 Kudos
New Contributor KC777
New Contributor

Hi. 

We have wasted hours going through optus and apple support. The watch was just replaced but still does not work on cellular. Just went into an Optus store and was told they don’t work for calls or text!!! So Optus and Apple are knowingly selling products that don’t work. I am going to ask for a refund as this is a breach of consumer law. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

The Series 3 watch should definitely work for calls or texts, I'm sorry you were advised otherwise. Please send me a private message with your phone number, full name and DOB so I can check the Number Share add-on in our systems to allow you to do this.

If you haven't already, please run through this guide and let me know where it gets stuck, and what error you are getting.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor KC777
New Contributor

Thanks Toomey, I have sent my details.

When we set up the replacement watch, it said number sharing was already active, so don't think it is that.

The error is the same as with the old watch, calls don't work and texts just keep saying sending until there is an error message saying the text didn't go through.

I was hoping someone in the store would look at it for me and check the set-up  there were 3 of them chatting and with no customers. They just said  it doesn't work and advised us just to use the apps that work.

0 Kudos