Searching...

Mobile

Re: Apple Watch series 3 cellular not working

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Hi @Chalkie71, I've replied back to your private message. We'll chat with you there! 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

jtwiggy

Hello,

I am having the same issue.

I have contacted Optus customer support twice, the first person told me there was no number share active on my account, the second person told me there was. 

I contacted Apple and they looked through my settings and everything was okay there too. 

I don't know where to go from here. When I go to set up Mobile Data on the watch the Optus pop-up tells me it is active, tells me to contact Optus if I would like to manage the service and then taked me back to data set-up with no error message. 

I only just recieved the watch for my birthday and haven't been able to use it fully yet because of this issue.

I have unpaired, repaired, uninstalled, installed and factory reset everything and still get the same problem.

Has anyone had this issue resolved?

Tano

Hey @jtwiggy, sorry for the runaround there :/ Likely something we'll need to refer onto our tech team to investigate further. Can you send through a private message with the following details:

Full name

Account/phone number (and best contact number)

DOB

Are you the account holder: Y/N

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

jtwiggy

Hi @Tano

Spoke to a 5th person yesterday and got the problem sorted. 

Thank you anyway :-) 

Tano

Awesome Smiley Happy Glad you got it sorted. Enjoy!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Flinto

Yes I’m having the same problem. Spent hours trying to get this sorted out. Still no cellular connection to Optus. Apparently number share has been activated by the Optus technical support person I spoke to. Keep getting wrong username or password when in the Apple Watch iPhone app. Username and password work when logging in via the Optus website. This is ridiculously frustrating. May as well have purchased the series 2 Apple Watch becausw that’s all I can do with the series 3 cellular with this issue going on. Anyone had a fix for this problem yet?

Ev_

Hi @Flinto, I'm sorry to hear that this is an ongoing issue for you. If you can get in touch with our techs on Live Chat, we can take a look into this and provide more insight.

Exploding

I want to scream!!!! Exactly the same issue for months now and technical support is useless.

did you ever work it out? I’m swapping to another provider if I can’t get it sorted by the end of the week...

jtwiggy

Eventually, yes. I had called and called and someone finally knew what was up. I believe they had to wipe the connection from the network to the watch and it was a whole process but I finally works now. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
13 Kudos
6 Kudos
5 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos