Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
curiouslyso
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Apple Watch number share

Since they've elevated you're problem have you heard back?  I am still having the issue and when I spoke to chat they said I have to go to a store to do it even though I pointed out the process on their own website.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @curiouslyso, I've replied to your PM. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
KellieG
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm having the same issues with setting up number share on my iWatch - just spent 30 mins on the phone to Optus, reset and wiped all the data from my watch trying to reset and re-pair and achieved nothing.  When I pointed out that other people in the forum had the same problem, and that it seems to be with the Optus server not the watch, he said yes, that is correct I'll escalate your issue and we'll call you when we can fix it.

So angry - I've lost everything I set up on the watch for the past 3 days and achieved nothing - way to go Optus!!

Wesley-J
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hey @Daveycam73 & @KellieG - we had a known fault with customers having difficulty setting up the Optus number share, however, that has been resolved earlier today. Were you two able to set up the number sharing since?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Daveycam73
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes it’s fixed, but sadly it wasn’t a ‘known’ fault amongst all of the Optus staff I ended up speaking to, and was nearly convinced to sign a new 2 year sim-only contact because that’s what I was told I had to do. Incorrect information from Optus nearly cost me a lot of money!!

0 Kudos
KellieG
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes I had another go based on your advice and it worked.  Still no contact from Optus as yet.

0 Kudos
GlenF
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

well is cactus again ... Mine worked and now it doesnt . 

0 Kudos
Kim89
New Contributor
New Contributor

So like everyone here bought an Apple Watch and tried to set up number share to receive “service temporarily unavailable” message multiple times. Spoke to tech support and advised would receive an SMS in 48 hours to get further support but SMS did not come. Not sure where to from here because 24/7 support is not working either. The number for my call to tech support is REF# 18171288 - if any moderator could help that would be handy...

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi  @Kim89 - thanks for reaching out to us via Yes Crowd 🙂 
We can certainly take a look into this for you and run through some troubleshooting. 

Would you be able to send me a PM with your mobile number, full name and DOB? 

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry for the delayed response, Kim. I've taken a look into our system and can't find any paired devices or SIMs found. That being said, I can see this has been escalated further via the ticket 18171288. Our techs are looking into this further for us. Thanks for your patience. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors