Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MartyT
New Contributor
New Contributor

Apple Watch number share not working

Hi I can’t set up mobile number share on my Apple Watch, it’s a series 6
I have an iPhone XR max running on iOS 14.0.1
countless attempts to sort it via online chat and 3 calls to tech support and one promised escalation with no result.
I’ve checked out crowd support.
Do you need to switch off and on number share on my account?
Do I need a new sim?
When I go to the watch app and select mobile it says your Optus account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact Optus on 133-937 for more information.
I’ve deleted and reinstalled the watch app.
I’ve reset network settings on my phone.
I’ve unpaired my watch.
I’ve reset my watch.

I just want to use my Apple Watch please fix this.

Thanks,
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Serena_YC

Re: Apple Watch number share not working

Hi @MartyT

Thanks for taking the time to raise this with us here. 

It sounds like we may need to raise a fault ticket to get this investigated for you. 

As we are unable to look into account details from this platform, are you able to send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page? Please also advise that you have been referred from YesCrowd and it would be much appreciated if you could share the link to this post in your message. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

MartyT
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why are you marking this as solved?? This is definitely not fixed. I have had a case open for multiple days now with a call from tech support promised but have heard nothing.
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Hi @MartyT, we're sorry you're still experiencing issues with Number Share. 

Please send a message via the My Optus app and an agent will be able to follow up for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
MartyT
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been messaging you guys on Facebook but no one can tell me when I will get a call back. This is a joke
Tina_YC

We're sorry for the run around here, @MartyT. If you need another update, please send us another message on Facebook. Chat soon. 

0 Kudos
NicCC
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, I was wondering if you ever got number share to work? I've been having the same issue since the end of September.

0 Kudos
martints
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey, yeah they sorted it about 3-4 weeks ago. Took a while and a lot of back and forth between the tech support team and myself. Not sure what was wrong exactly but they managed to do something on their end to get it working. They really shouldn’t be offering the service with known issues like this. Good luck
z_hook

Hey @NicCC,

Thanks for raising this. We may need to look into your Number Share settings on our system.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

Kusharma
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have not got a solution to this problem since Oct 2020 and its Jan 2021

“Hi, Our team made few chanegs on your account please try to pair the watch and confirm to us through My Optus app.”

Extremely Disappointed
0 Kudos
Top Contributors