Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Apple Watch cellular set up “service temporarily unavailable”

Stanshall

I have an Apple Watch 4 + cellular I’ve been trying to get to work for 2 weeks

I have scoured the forum and lots of people have this issue however EVERYONE I have spoken to on the phone or chat have never even heard of it

I want it fixed, I’m frustrated to high heavens

error message is “service temporarily unavailable” with a big angry explanation mark

Re: Apple Watch cellular set up “service temporarily unavailable”

Dan_C

G'day @Stanshall

At which stage during the pairing process are you receiving the prompt?

How to add number share

1. Select the Watch app on your iPhone
  2. Follow on the onscreen prompts
  3. Once the watch is paired, on your iPhone scroll down and tap Mobile
  4. Tap set up
  5. Enter your My Account login details 
  6. Agree to the terms and conditions, once successful, you'll receive an SMS to confirm that number share has been successfully activated. 

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that it's step 5 where you're becoming stuck? Did you have a series 3 with active number share on Optus? 

If you like, I can go in and take a look. You'll need to send through the following:

- Your full name

- D.O.B

- Mobile number.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Stanshall

Series 4

i can’t enter account details, it doesn’t even get there!

Dan_C

Ah, I was wondering if you'd previously paired an older model and have upgraded to the series 4 (in that case, we'd need to deactivate the existing number share profile as that'd be linked to the old IMEI.

If you're attempting to set up the Watch for the first time, the pairing/activation process should work fine.

If you send us a PM, I can take a good look. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Ray_YC

Hi everyone,

This is a known issue with Apple Watch activation.

Last update from our Networks team was the majority of impacted customers have been resolved and are monitoring remaining ones.

Please let us know if you're still experiencing an issue with this.

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Ah, awesome. 

Thanks for the update @Ray_YC

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
18 Kudos
17 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos