cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Apple Watch Number Share Not Working

Thanks 🙂 I mentioned the eSIM thing to the last person and their response was "I don't understand what you're trying to ask".... great.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Any keywords I should say to them? I'm having the same issue 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@BooInc Check the thread, I posted one where the sim was looked into. Look many hours to resolve but I eventually got onto the right person. Forget trying to reach out via social media as they advise, COVID19 isn't helping and to this day, no response via Facebook messenger as I was advised to do. Good Luck. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

After working my way through half a dozen different tiers of support over a three week period, we eventually got it fixed. I couldn't definitively say whether they did anything differently on their end, or we eventually just managed to get things done in the right order. 

In the end I had to essentially start as clean as possible on my end, e.g. unpair and wipe the watch from the phone, then remove/uninstall the Watch app from my phone. In this process there was a button in the Watch app saying "remove all mobile devices from your account" or something like that that I clicked before uninstalling the app. They then removed all Optus Number Share info/settings from my account on their end (I can't recall whether they then reactivated anything before I tried to pair the phone again or not), then I reinstalled the app, repaired my phone, set up mobile and it finally worked. Note, the only thing that was really done differently compared to other attempts was me uninstalling the Watch app and clicking to remove all mobile devices when doing so. I'm not sure whether this is what fixed it or not, but you could try!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

What worked for me is....

I rang the Optus call centre and asked them to delete Number Share from my service.  It is some kind of “back end” thing that they do to completely disable and delete it like I have never used it before.  It’s not something that can be done through the app or online.  Once they had removed number sharing, I reboot my phone and watch and then went into the Apple Watch app on the phone and selected “Mobile” and set up number sharing again right from scratch.

I too, spent a squillion hours on the phone with others in the call centre, trying this and that and re-pairing and deleting and rebooting and reconfiguring etc.   But today I was lucky enough to get a responder who knew what to do when I asked for number share to be removed from my service.  It took her about 30 seconds to do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same issue here too. The error message says;

Optus Number Share is currently active. If you wish to manage Optus Number Share, please call 133 937.

Has been a month, no one can figure out what is going on. Spoke to at least 10 different tech support team members but still no luck.

How hard could it be???

I don't understand. 

#numbershare #applewatch 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @SK83

Thanks for raising this with us here. 

Please note that we are unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. 

Are you able to send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page? Our teams can then securely confirm your details and provide further assistance from there.

0 Kudos