cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Apple Watch Number Share Not Working

I recently had to send away my 8 month old iphone XS (on a contract with Optus) to be replaced. On getting back my phone, I tried to set up my watch again. Each time I paired my watch I was unable to get my watch to connect to my phone. Each time it tells me my number share is active and closes out of the screen. 

I have been in touch with Optus to request that they turn off number share so I could retry and activate again on my watch. 

My watch is the same watch, for some reason it just wont reconnect. 

Since Optus 'disconnected' and told me to try again in a couple of hours (I waited over 12 hours). It is still not working / connecting. 

"Managing your service, 

Optus Number Share is currently active. 

If you wish to manage Optus Number Share, please call Customer care on 133 937. A service representative will be able to assist you. "

I am on a contract with Optus for my phone plan - I dont understand why it is not connecting again when I never had issues before? I have removed and repaired multiple times. As a new watch set up as well as restoring from backups. 

How can I get my watch to work / sync again? 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Apple Watch Number Share Not Working

Thank you for raising this issue, cmk22.
We’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I will get in touch now via Facebook .. Thank you.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Any luck getting this fixed @CMK22 ? I'm having the exact same issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jeff, numerous attempts with Optus and hours spent but they finally sorted it. Last correspondence which worked as per below;
“ I successfully enabled eSIM and Number share connect on oyour service, please restart your mobile after 5 mins, you can pair the device now, I'm 100% sure this time”
And it worked, I suggest getting them to try the same! Good luck, it’s frustrating.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @jeff_

If possible, can you message us via Facebook or Twitter. Link this thread and mention my YC handle.

If the guys have any trouble, they'll reach out to me directly. At the least, I'll have some visibility over what's going with your particular case.

We have had others come through advising that they've been able to get their issue resolved. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @Dan_C , I've sent a Facebook message through linking through to this thread as well as an active technical ticket I have.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I was asked the above too and never got a reply from Facebook message until days later. Had better luck via the app chat.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've also been through the app chat with four different account support people and they just keep deactivating and reactivating my number share from their end and nothing works unfortunately 😕
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

That’s exactly what happened with me until I got someone who was able to sort the sim as I noted above. Keep trying, just need the right person to come along I think.
0 Kudos