cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Apple Watch 5 not eligible to enable mobile data

I got a text message around 2pm today saying they have found the network problem which my reported issue. No ETA has been given as usual. On a brighter side, at least they bothered to contact their customers.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Did they give you a fault reference number @TIMOTHYTAM?

I'd like to go in take a look. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I got the same text.

“Optus: Update on Ref#22586034. We think we've found the network problem causing your reported issue. We'll be in touch soon when we've fixed it.”
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Dan_C,

My case number is 2257 hidden21. It was blocked by the site in my previous reply. Not sure giving a space between two set of numbers will make a difference. Otherwise @Dan_C pls let me know how to PM you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Dan_C - the hidden word is hidden
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Reference # 22576221
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Number share not working with new iphone

I cannot connect number share between my Apple Watch (series 3) and my new iPhone 11 Pro Max. I contacted Optus and they have told me that because I have used this watch with a previous iphone that it cannot be configured with this iPhone. This cannot possibly be true?? Has anyone else had this issue? Surely it is not correct that you can only ever use an Apple Watch with one handset and then you have to buy a new one?
The error I am getting is that my Optus account is not eligible.
I have tried unpairing and repairing.
I have tried deactivating and reactivating the number share with Optus.

Please confirm whether my $1k watch is now useless with my new iPhone?!!?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Numbershare active error

I am trying to activate number share in my new galaxy watch and it says number share is already active.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Number share not working with new iphone

Hi StephanieB! This is a known issue with IT - I'm having the same issue with my new watch and getting the 'not eligible' message. It's supposedly a network issue and I received a message yesterday around 1pm saying they think they've found the problem but no ETA on when it will be fixed. Really damn frustrating.

In my dealings with optus and this issue over the last two weeks there seems to be a massive communication issue between employees. I've had one store have no clue what's happening, another store claiming 'my account' is down for everyone, and then people on the app 'chat' telling me all sorts of issues that make no sense. Even one claiming I hadn't paired the watch yet?? Really unhelpful. Only person that's been helpful was the mobile case manager I spoke to over the phone.

If you have the time, call Optus and wait to speak to someone so you can get a case number and receive updates on the problem. Here's hoping it's fixed soon!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Number share not working with new iphone

Thanks so much MiriB! That gives me hope that it is an issue that will be fixed. Not just “too bad, your watch doesn’t work anymore” crap.
Thanks for your advice, I will give them a call today!
0 Kudos