cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Apple Watch 5 not eligible to enable mobile data

I went to an optus store again and they indicated that 'my account' is having issues for everyone. The store person also claimed there's currently no tech support and the people we're talking to when contacting 'tech support' are actually just sales assistants, which sounds like absolute rubbish
And now I've gotten a bill for the service which I am going to attempt to dispute because I haven't been able to use it!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous. How could Optus sell for a service without any support. Did they provide an ETA on when will the issue be fixed. If I know cellular doesn’t work, I might as well save a few hundreds to buy a GPS stand alone version.

The worst thing is no one from Optus even come to the forum to help answering our questions. What a joke.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I got word today from the tech support person who's been helping me of the following:

"we just received an email from our head tech team stating there is currently a known issue with customers activating Apple Watch’s getting errors “Your Optus Account is not eligible to enable mobile data”

This is good news because a) it’s not just yourself having the problem and b) hopefully it will be something we can fix from our end!"

They've also created a ticket with higher techies as well but at the very least it looks like the issue HAS been flagged with the right people and we'll have a fix soon!

If it was easy to contact Optus atm I'd actually ask for a discount on my current bill!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I had the same issue, it’s changed to a different issue now but no one I spoke to at Optus had any idea what to do except reset it. So frustrating to see so many people with the same issue, lesson learned DONT SIGN CONTRACTS WITH OPTUS
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same thing happening with me, first it sent me to the login page but continued to say my password was wrong. Then I reset the watch and tried again and now reckons my account isn’t eligible. Why would Optus sell something that I can’t use.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if this should be reported to fair trade as this is misleading advertisements. Businesses cannot make false claims about their service. In our case, Optus cannot provide services as indicated in our contracts or in their advertisement. Optus should step up their game in Australia otherwise they will lose all their customers to their competitors.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm going to raise this issue as a pain point.

There's a few similar threads on the forum. 

i.e. https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Apple/Apple-Watch-3-Activation-Issues-Number-Share-eSim-Cannot/m-p/...

Can I just get some clarrification.

You guys had an existing number share service with previous generation Apple Watch? You've purchased a new Watch and you'd like switch the number share service over to the new watch? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OP here

I've never had a number share before - this is my first smart watch. I know some of the others in this thread have had old watches though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Dan_C - I have requested Optus to deactivate my old number share account (series 4) first before purchasing the new Apple Watch series 5. Technical team confirmed over the phone last weekend that they have deactivated the old number share and I am still facing the same problem. My case number is 2257 hidden21. Appreciate if someone could action the below “go to” process which you have shared in other thread. Thanks 🙏

“The go to process was to deactivate the existing number share profile using our eSIM portal, then removing the add-on from our servicing system.

I'd then go in and re apply the add-on and ask the customer to pair their watching using the app once again. “
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Experiencing the same issue myself. Finally spoke to someone on the Optus technical support team who confirmed its a known issue that has been escalated and I’ve been added to the list of customers who will be notified by text message when the issue is resolved. No timeframe given.

I receive some direction from Apple Technical Support to check Optus has the same IMEI number in their system that is listed on the physical device. Apple indicated the IMEI is provided by the carrier (Optus), and what’s on the phone needs to be to same as what’s in their system. If they’re different, that could be the problem. But technical support refused to confirm the specifics for my account and said just wait to be notified when the escalated issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos