I picked up and Apple Watch yesterday and have been unable to connect it to mobile data.
I've reset the watch multiple times, made sure it and my phone had the latest updates, and gotten a new sim for my phone. When I've spoken to tech support over the phone and to an assistant in store, no one can figure out why it's not working. Everything points to my account being fine and the watch should be able to get mobile data and yet it doesn't work.
The message I get on the screen is "Your OPTUS account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact OPTUS at 133-937 for more information."
I've reset the watch over 10 times now
Below are screen shots of what it does when I'm setting up the watch, then now what it says if I go into the watch app after set up.
Solved! Solved: Go to Solution.
I had similar situation here and I can’t believe how hard to switch the number share from one watch to another. It’s frustrating to spend hours on the phone trying to fix the problem which eventually ending up worse. Here’s the scenario:
- IPhone X connected to an Apple Watch series 4 previously.
- Bought new Apple Watch series 5 on 18 April at Optus Store.
- Requested Store Assistant to de-activate the number share with old Apple Watch (series 4) before processing the ordering of the new Apple Watch (series 5).
- Same error message as above indicating mobile plan is not eligible for number share (impossible though as my series 4 watch was able to connect to the same mobile number).
- Contacted technical team from Phillipines trying to resolve the problem including numerous time of un-pairing and re-pairing the new watch, delete the entire watch app on phone and start from scratch, using 4g only when pairing the watch, and turned on “4G VoLTE On” for mobile data on the phone.
- All the above problem solving steps are following the guidance of the technical team who is very confident to be able to resolve the problem.
- Un-pair the old watch (series 4) doesn’t seem to help to fix the connection problem. The reason I have to buy a new watch is the series 4 disappears at home (battery is flat on the phone to use ‘Find My’). Now the last link with the old watch is gone because I have followed Optus’s instruction to unpair my old watch altogether.
- Technical team raised an issue report to escalate to specialised technical team for problem solving.
Much appreciate someone in this forum could help 😭
I agree with you - it sounds like more an account issue with Optus rather than problem with the Apple watch itself.
Let's hope someone form Optus is monitoring this form and offers advice how to resolve this connection problem.
I don't think we are the only customers who are facing this annoying connectivity problem. I see lots of posts in this forum discussing on this topic even back in 2017.
This is a long shot, but I read on another thread with someone having the same issue saying to make sure you have a personal and not business account. I connected my abn as a sole trader to my account so I might have a business account - do you have anything like that?
Mine is personal but I do see posts saying business account might not be eligible to number share. Worthwhile to check on Optus website: https://www.optus.com.au/esim/check
So when I go to that page and try to log in it says "The username and password doesn't match."... and I double checked, put the same info into my phone and logged in fine... so definitely something wrong with my account!