cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Apple Watch 3 eSim, how does it work? Cost?

@AcesHoney

Going by Optus past plans it will be all of them. 

Just hit the SIM ONLY plans in Optus and view  the offereings. The CIP should confirm the elligibility.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor AcesHoney
New Contributor

Thanks @petergdownload  Oh that would be fantastic if that's the case. Will check them out now 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Glen8
New Contributor

Log in to your account on Optus website, put in your username, password and mobile number, ask about Number Share eligibility.  You should get a response right away.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Toons
Occasional Contributor

I'm looking forward to the answer on this because i've been told no one sim, one number, I wanted an extra sim for my car. was told no you have to buy another. 

Exact same reasononing behind what you want with watch 

The live sim will update traffic info etc. which is extremely usefull but it only works with a sim you can't update live any other way. 

Much like the watch i can use BT or a jack but thats only good for calls and music. 

Really looking forward to where this one heads. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor DouglasB
Occasional Contributor

@Toons

Until Sep 22, the rules have been that each sim has its own number. Optus would have had to buy new switching gear allowing it to route calls/messages to a single number to two sims. But note, according to the number share info linked in an earlier comment (marked as the solution), one of the sims is an eSim. It’s ‘embedded’, not physical, not removable. I presume your car needs a removable sim. They still may not be able to send one number to two sims if one is not an eSim. But I’m picking you don’t need calls and messages to go to your car, you just need data. Optus has something called data pooling. People use this to share data across their phone and iPad/tablet. You can’t call the tablet but it can use data. Maybe search, ‘data pooling’ and get a second, data only, card for your car.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Toons
Occasional Contributor

No it can do the whole lot more more, which is why i'd prefer the cloned card. 
First world problem i know, it's just a better option than pairing the phone or using the dock. 

As far as the watch extra 160 a year minimum 100 over non sim and the cost of a piece of hardware on your device. 

Estimated to be $5 a month 

So for something that is classified virtual and requires no Telco hardware as this is just a honeymoon period, after initial allotment your actually paying for a second sim which is always tied to the network your phone is on. 

Which is why i'm interested to see if the rules start to change. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor mweng3d
New Contributor

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Alexmorales
Occasional Contributor

IT DOESN'T WORK!! Mate word of advice (hoping it's not too late): I've trying to activate mine with Optus for over 5 days now and Optus just won't do it (even if it's in their best interest). If you think it's just me do a little research in the Optus Yes blog so you see how many people is having the same issue. I've tried contacting Optus a million times and lost lots of time, but they just won't do it for me. Same for other people (as you can see for yourself if you just type Apple Watch in the search option). Optus team just keeps asking me for my phone number, date of birth and name and keep saying someone else will call, but they never do. I even have a "ticket number" and all (18140727 to prove I'm not lying), but no one really sees the case through. Take my word for it, I'm a sensible person, but this is just ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Alexmorales, I'm replied to your recent PM.

I've just offered to go back to the team and ask that they call you at a specific time.

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos