Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Apple Watch 3 Not Connecting To iPhone 8 Through Number Share.

PaigeN

Hello!!
I purchased an Apple Watch, Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), on the 31/08 this year. I have tried since then to connect my watch to the mobile data that is on my iPhone. However, when I try to do this, I get a message saying "Optus Number Share is currently active. If you wish to manage Optus Number Share, please call Customer care on 133 937. A service representative will be able to assit you. Thank you."

I have contacted customer care, by phone twice, byt 24/7 chat three times, and I have also gone in store to try and sort this issue out. They are telling me the exact same things to do! Erase my apple watch, and set it up again with my phone. Turn bluetooth or mobile data off on my phone, and try again... "Please wait while we check if number share is active" 'It is not active' even though I had it reactivated at least twice. One was nearly 2 hours before I contacted customer care again.

Please help me!! I am 100% loosing my sanity!! I am also ready to just go into Apple tomorrow to get it sorted, as I am constantly away from my phone at work, and out of the Bluetooth range!! Smiley Mad

Solution

Re: Apple Watch 3 Not Connecting To iPhone 8 Through Number Share.

Tano

Hey @PaigeN, apologies for the runaround here. We can raise this with our tech team to look into for you: send through a private message confirming the following details:

- Full name

- Phone/account numbe

- DOB

- Are you the account holder: Y/N

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

PaigeN

Hello! 

It worked this morning some how! After 16 days trying, it just connected?! 

Thank you for the help though! 

Tris

Strange but awesome @PaigeN - If you notice any other problems, just shoot us a PM as Tano mentioned

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos
11 Kudos