Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted

Apple Watch 3 Activation Issues / Number Share / eSim - Cannot Activate

NeedHelpPlease

I've been on call / chat for the last few days and haven't been able to find a single person (nearly 10) that knows how to activate Number Share for the Apple Watch. 

Each time to try to activate it goes through the 4 steps, I get a green tick, then a few minutes later an SMS: 'there has been a hiccup with the Optus Number Share Activation ..."

Has anyone had any success with this, would live to speak with some in tech support who cares enough to follow this issue through, as I'm sure others have / will be facing the the same - I've spent 10 hour on this ... 

Re: Apple Watch 3 Activation Issues / Number Share / eSim - Cannot Activate

Jacko65

No, Optus are useless.

Everyone I know that is with Optus have the same issue activating their watch.

amred

I am in the same boat - no one can help me fix the issue. I have un-paired and re-paired the watch 3 times and tried setting up mobile 10 times. I still get the same "hiccup" message. 

Hopefully you get a reply from Optus soon. 

Dan_C

Hey @amred, we can always try and deactivate your number share profile from the back end and then have you reactivate your profile by following the standard activation process → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/number-share-what-you-need-to-know?requestType=NormalReq.... Send us a private message with your account details and we’ll get that done for you. We'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number.

@Jacko65, we're happy to do the same for you. We've been successfully doing this for a number of customers.

JMKS

Hi, Im also having this issue, when i go to 'Set up mobile' it comes up with a message "managing your service, optus number share is active, if you wish to manage optus number share please call 133937". Ive tried calling and live chat on numerous occasions with absolutely no result.  Please help.

Dan_C

Hey @JMKS, we're more than happy to help out with this one. Send us a PM with your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll go ahead and get this one sorted out for you.

APPLE WATCH ACTIVATION STEP MISSING FOR NUMBER SHARE - DISABLE THE WIFI!! connection failed - the co

[ Edited ]
damosolo

There's an important step missing in Optus's activation process (http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/number-share-what-you-need-to-know?requestType=NormalReq...)

It has to do with the fact that you need to disable the WIFI on your phone before attempting to activate the Mobile Data Plan in the Watch app.

If you don't disable wifi, when you click on "Set Up Mobile" you'll get an error message "connection failed - the connection to the server was lost. please try again later"

Optus, it may be an idea to update this webpage..

Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
46 Kudos
27 Kudos
19 Kudos
19 Kudos
15 Kudos