Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted

App Store Server is slow after iOS 11 on Optus HFC Broadband

NexusQ1

I live in the Sutherland Shire area, and is on the Optus HFC Broadband.

Everytime I try to update my apps (1 by 1), it is very very slow almost it is not responding at all.

This has started to happen with iOS 11, and it is quiet a pain, I am unable to update any of my apps, no matter what time it is, even when no one is on the network it'll still happen like this.

When I switched to 4G/3G, it is fast and I can update quickly, So i believe it is an area issue.

The below could be just iOS 11 issue. The updates doesn't show up fast enough for me, it typically shows up with a date of "2 days" before, rather than 1 day or instantly through out the day.

Re: App Store Server is slow after iOS 11 on Optus HFC Broadband

JordanOptus

Hey @NexusQ1 is it only happening with apps? Does your internet work fine via ethernet? Either way it'd be worth have a chat with our Tech Support team.

Re: App Store Server is slow after iOS 11 on Optus HFC Broadband

NexusQ1

Hi internet and everything is working fine.

On the day when i posted this, it took a long time (30 minutes or so) just to update 19MB... at and around peak time after 7pm.

Since that time the download time is resonable, but still there was a 5-6 second delay before anything happens.

This will become worse on Nov 3 I would imagine hehe. But at least there isn't much iPhone X to be going around anyway, so there are less activations.

Why doesn't Optus point the Apple servers to US? Why do Optus still insist on Asian servers?

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo