Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

service

This is a common problem, phones do have problems, as all electronics do.

BUT when you buy a pruduct from a so called leading retailer you wiould expect to be looked after if any problems occur.

I bought my NEXUS 6P 32gb from optus as i have been with optus for over 10 years stupidly thinking they had a decent customer service.

within 3 months my phone had issues, so  i took it to my local optus store for repairs, they came back to me telling me it was my fault as my phone had a few marks on it, which voided the warranty.

then the offered me a refurbished one fo $400.00.

i was frustated and annoyed after the assistant woul not offerany other solutions. i just walked out.

i searched on line and found a replacement 64gb for $400.00 as new.

i canot wait for my plan to finish to CHANGE my carrier,

oh i did try to find a local phone number so i can voice my views as the supplied optus number, i was unableto talk to anyone who actually cared about CUSTOMER SERVICE.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: service

Optus have a legal requirement to sort the issue. Unfortunately even now many sales staff have a limited understanding of Statutory Rights. If you deal with one of these staff its not indicative of the whole organisation just a misinformed individual that means you'll need to work harder to get a resolution.

If the issues are not related to your actions then submit a claim under your statutory rights as listed here. It should see the phone repaired or replaced for free. Even if you've already bought your new phone you can sell the old one for $400 at least.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Basillis

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues having your Nexus 6P repaired under warranty. It's worrying that you mention you had only a few marks on the phone and you were told that the warranty was void. Generally marks would be considered under normal wear and tear and not void the warranty. If the phone had been dropped however and there were crack in the glass etc, then the warranty may be void. If you send us a private message here on Yes Crowd confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth, we'll take a look into this for you. You may also want to send through some photos of the marks so we can get a better idea of what condition your phone is in. Ultimately, the phone can still be sent off for a warranty assessment where the repair centre will either accept or reject it based off an assessment of whether it has been physically damaged or not. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mike 

Is this where i leave you my details?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hello Peter

i have used my original optus 6P for parts ie Battery was removed and placed in my 64g Nexus 6P.

which is going great.

As I have been a long term customer with Optus and refering plenty of my clients to optus in the past as i had very successful a mobile car kit installation, fo many years. I felt let down by Optus at the time which was almost a year ago, when i seeked a service of my Nexus, which had a WIFi issue  and had nothing to do with misshandling the phone, I have pulled many phones apart in the past and am no novoice to basic repairs. i used my optus nexus32g  recently as my other phone had a bad battery , i used the 32g during the day but with no wifi or bluetooth, then back to my 64g whilst in the car and at home. 

so i changed the batteries over and am all ok now.

Just wanted to bring to your attention how diss satisfied  i am with your service.

Regards 

Bill gregory

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hello Mike

i have used my original optus 6P for parts ie Battery was removed and placed in my 64g Nexus 6P.

which is going great.

As I have been a long term customer with Optus and refering plenty of my clients to optus in the past as i had very successful a mobile car kit installation, fo many years. I felt let down by Optus at the time which was almost a year ago, when i seeked a service of my Nexus, which had a WIFi issue  and had nothing to do with misshandling the phone, I have pulled many phones apart in the past and am no novoice to basic repairs. i used my optus nexus32g  recently as my other phone had a bad battery , i used the 32g during the day but with no wifi or bluetooth, then back to my 64g whilst in the car and at home. 

so i changed the batteries over and am all ok now.

Just wanted to bring to your attention how diss satisfied  i am with your service.

Ohh and at the time i placed my phone in for service there was no cracks on the screen just a few skuff marks on the sides, and that is how it still is.

Regards 

Bill gregory

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Basillis, that doesn't sound good.  To submit your details please Click here .

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos