Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

mobile hotspot on my lg g4 AT&T phone is not working

i am not able to use wifi hotspot in my lg g4 phone its an AT&T mobile, its showing as turning on and i am getting a pop up window as to enable the hotspot but i am not able to find any icon on phone and when i go back from hotspot window its showing as turn off mode for wifi hotspot please help me to resolve the same.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: mobile hotspot on my lg g4 AT&T phone is not working

Hi ya,

I assume it's a unlocked mobile from AT&T so that won't be an issue.. I wonder if this is the first time use with a Optus sim (again assuming you can make and receive calls) you may need to double check the APN settings and/or power cycle (as in turn off ect) the phone to get the carrier settings to stick?

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Its an unlocked phone, i am using DU sim card of UAE network, everthing is working well and good but when i try to turn on wifi hotspot its turning on but not able to find any wifi clients moreover when i try to turn on bluetooth thettering i am getting an error as "unfortunately, the process com.android.settings has stopped.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

So are you even connected to the Optus network or in AU? Maybe the sim/DU carrier settings don't allow tethering? Might be best to pop over to the DU community forum? http://www.du.ae/ourcommunity

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am also having the same problem in UAE. I have LG G4 H810(AT&T) using with Du Sim in UAE. Everything seems working fine except Mobile Hotspot. Showing Error : "Authentication was unsuccessful. -  There is a temporary network problem that prevents the enablement of the mobile hotspot function. Please retry later". 

Kindly help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Oh no! Sorry to hear that you've had trouble with it, @Ritesh. Recommend chatting with us HERE so we can take a look into it for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

People who like to use LG G4 phone reported that LG G4 phone won’t turn on or boot up anymore. But for asking for replacement or repair, you must try below some fixes but these methods will not work on physical break phone or phone fall in the water.
1- You need to Perform a Soft Reset. Settings > General > About phone > Update center.
2- Booting up in Safe Mode 3- Last one is Performing a Master Reset.

You may see https://appuals.com/fix-lg-g4-wont-turn/ for the complete guide to fix this issue. I got help from that site as well.