free data

is there free data for home working during covid-19

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: free data

There was a one off 20Gb free bonus, but that was only provided last month. Currently there is no extra data for free. If you need a temporary bump working at home and can afford it then a couple of options:

1) Buy a one off prepaid SIM for data purposes (Boost Mobile will give you 240Gb for $270)

2) Sign up for an Optus 4G broadband service if its in your area. Its only $68 a month for 500Gb and you can cancel anytime (You will however have to payout the $200 modem when you leave)

[Edit:  Wireless broadband has unlimited data for the next 6 weeks, however you still have to pay your usual monthly plan fee)]

If money is an issue then you can also contact Optus and discus financial hardship. I don't know what they offer but it may be free extra data or a postponement of paying for it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: free data

For what service, jacetinson?

As Peter mentioned, there was one which has ended for Mobile - which I assume is the service you meant by posting your question in the Android forum.

However if you're working from home, you're possibly using fixed internet? If so, please see the Covid-19 Support Optus Fixed Broadband help and support page.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy