Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor gpw1952
New Contributor

change my email address on new account

I just got a new tablet and gave my optus email address that has a my account for my existing cable home phone and broadband account . I have tried to set up my new My Account for the tablet but no joy . Twice live chated with a ladycalled Anna and Jacky , Anna said set up wait 15 minutes to change after an hour still no joy . Next to Jacky said i had to phone 133937 as that is the only way to change it. That turned out to be a nightmare last lady never caught name just hung up on me . I saw Dan sorted this out for someone in June 2018 sorry should have written down username . Hopefully this can be fixed as without My Account being set up my Netflix Package code will not be available .

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: change my email address on new account

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are requesting.

Are you asking to change the login for the Optus website to something different?

Or setting up your email address on your tablet?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Jeneral__Pain, could be referring to their My Account login?

@gpw1952, you want both your Cable service and new Wireless service together on the same My Account?

It's your Optusnet email address that's used as your My Account login (that can always be changed to something like a Gmail address - It doesn't have to be an Optus supplied email address). 

I'd jump onto Live Chat and explain it in the following way. 

First, you’ll need to navigate to → PersonalMobileGeneral & Billing. Ask the agent to link your wireless service to the My Account profile that's registered under your Optusnet email address. 

If you run into any difficulty, let us know. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor gpw1952
New Contributor

Dan thank you . I did that , they cannot put the wireless account on with my cable as the cable is on an old system .I used Optus email address when purchasing wireless plan . I asked for wireless to go to my hotmail account on live chat . First lady said she had changed to new email and it would take 15 minutes to go through . After waiting 1 hour and no change  live chat again second lady said phone this number 133937,only way to get email changed . Phoning nightmare talked eventually to someone , when told what I wanted she disconnected . i dont think she understood what i wanted . This is not usual for Optus i have called many times over the many years with Optus and the consultants have been excellent . I recieved my voucher for Netflix so there is no urgency now but will try the phone lines first thing in morning . Thanks once again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor gpw1952
New Contributor

Dan thank you i will throw you a kudo ???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Can you send us a private message? I'll take a quick look. 

I should be able to help out.

I need your full name, DOB and account number. I'll also get you to send through the email address that's been registered for My Account.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors