Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mschallenged
New Contributor
New Contributor

barcode scan at restaurant

I have an Optus x pro phone.  Due to covid all restaurants require you to log in before dining.  How do I do that?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aman_YC

Re: barcode scan at restaurant

Hi @mschallenged - Thanks for reaching out to us here.

To scan the bar code at shops or restaurants, you can just use your mobile camera and let is focus on the bar code. Once you do this you'll get a link on your screen that you click on and from there follow the instructions.  

Please note that apart from this you can checkin at the shops manually as well without your phone. 

I hope this helps. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Aman_YC wrote:

To scan the bar code at shops or restaurants, you can just use your mobile camera and let is focus on the bar code. Once you do this you'll get a link on your screen that you click on and from there follow the instructions.  

So are you saying that the Optus x pro does not need a separate QR code reader app to read qr codes?

0 Kudos
AndS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@mschallengedif you are in NSW you will need the NSW Services app as it was made mandatory on 1-Jan-2021 and IMHO is allot easier to use than the third party QR sites that were used at some palces before 1-Jan.

Before the 1-Jan-2021 I had to install a QR reader app on my phone to get QR codes to work.

0 Kudos
mschallenged
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unfortunately the phone does not have built in app. I had to download the 3rd party app. All is good now. I'm in Queensland
Aman_YC

No worries @mschallenged

Thanks for  letting us know and  be safe. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@mschallengedBe VERY VERY CAREFUL ABOUT THE SPAM CHECK BOXES. Sorry for the yelling, but you go to love the data mining or marketing options.

BTW In NSW as of 1-Jan-2001 you only need the NSW government app to check in/out and there is NO spam or marketing. Finally NSW got the app right for checking in/out w.r.t. no third party app required.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors