Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Barthez016
New Contributor

Z5 not updating to latest Nougat OS

Hi,

I have a Sony Z5 which was purchased overseas, it will not download the latest update to Nougat but I can see that Nougat (Android 7) is now tested stable and released via optus.

My friend has the exact same phone pruchased overseas and it has updated to nougat.

Help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Z5 not updating to latest Nougat OS

It might be worth a try using a VPN.  Download the Opera VPN and connect to Canada. Then go to your settings and see if the update is available. If that doesn't work try Germany.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @Barthez016 sorry to hear about the issues with your updates, have you since been able to download the new software? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Barthez016
New Contributor

Hi,

No, still no luck. I tried the VPN option but nothing,

Do you think it can be pushed by Optus to my device? I spoke to Sony and they say it has to come from the carrier

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

I would send PhilC a private message with you service number, full name and date of birth. Include as much details of you phone and see what he can do.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos