cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Redsboy1985
Occasional Contributor

World cup buffering

How many people out there had buffering issues again this morning in world cup? Optus says no issues with optus network so if i am with iinet then only issues. I got nbn50 which should be no issues at all. Optus sport sucks and the govt should act and say all unsatisfied customers can cancel their mobile plan with substandard optus like recalled cars. Sick of optus as i only got mobile plan cause of soccer. 

3 Replies
New Contributor nandopizzani
New Contributor

Re: World cup buffering

Hi there,

I had a lot of problems using the Android Optus sports app on my Note 8 and I have NBN100, changed to the FIFA WorldCup Optus-SBS app and worked allright, better quality than the ethernet-PC connection. Use the same credentials as the optus sport appto login.

I hope this helps

New Contributor robchasba
New Contributor

Hi yes the PM agred. Why so colorful when load and wont let me logon at 3 in morning

Bye robchasba@gmail.com 

Highlighted
Contributor ajk73
Contributor

Unfortunately the ultimate root of the problem is the fact ou Minister for Communications (Mitch Fifield) altered the legislative anti siphoning list back in Oct 2017 and the Liberals cut funding to SBS.  The World Cup was protected for free to air viewing as per the Anti Siphoning list, hence SBS had it for the last 32 years !!     

Please do call Mitch Fifield's office on (02) 6277 7480 to express your preference for the World Cup to be free to air on technology that works.

To get money back call the Telecommunications Ombudsman (TIO)  1800 062 058     

The more people that make these calls the more likely the Government will revert the Anti Siphoning list to have the World Cup free to Air.

https://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Broadcast/Television/TV-content-regulation/sport-anti-siphoning-tv-...

0 Kudos
Top Contributors