Searching...

Mobile

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch

Dan_C

I really think it's a matter of when, not if.

Marketing and product are definitely away of the demand.

I'm sure it's something that we'll consider into the new year, but as @SamSam has pointed out, there's a lot of planning involved to get these sorts of things off the ground. 

As soon as we have any issues, you can bet that we'll make an announcement. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Ftank

If something is happening Dan do you think they would at least announce something similar to what Vodafone have done?  I ported all of my services over to Optus 2 weeks ago and put my primary sim on the $35 a month 12 month sim only plan under the belief (mistakenly and all my own fault for not doing enough research) that Optus actually would support the Galaxy Watch as they would want to support Samsung Optus customers.

I would be happy to wait for support if I knew it was coming but if nothing is said soon I will just pay the cancellation fee and start undoing my 11 day relationship with Optus, to not support the primary Samsung wearable given the profile of the Note 9 and S9 is a little bit ridiculous and I would rather pay the cancellation fees and just move my primary service back to Vodafone who are always looking to offer new services to customers.

To think the poor Apple users on Optus do not even get Visual Voicemail as well.

I thought Optus might be customer centric especially given the issues with Optus Sport but too much time in these threads can give you the wrong impression

Dan_C

All valid points @Ftank

I don’t make the decision as to when we announcement new products or services (unless of course, I've been given permission to do so).

Generally, we'll make an announcement in the month leading up to the launch of the product. 

All I can say is keep your eyes peeled. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Ftank

Thanks @Dan_C you said all I needed to hear without making any announcements. Glad to see that common sense may prevail.

i11icit

Where should we "keep our eyes peeled".

Optus is still hush hush on this matter!

Re: Will Optus get the new Samsung Galaxy Watch?

BrenoC

This is good to hear. Without actually hearing anything. It does seem ridiculous that Optus would not support the latest (maybe greatest) smart watch of all time. I've got 4 mobile contracts and NBN with Optus. And I really really want a LTE galaxy watch

Pishka

So just chat to Optus sales and got told watch can be connected with number share looks like I'm porting 

i11icit

Wow, they are still misinforming people? Come on Optus - thats just slack.

Chiefy27

Heljspe

Any updates on this? Still hanging out for the cellular version Samsung watch on Optus. Mid-Feb now.... #takingsooolooong

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
64 Kudos
40 Kudos
38 Kudos
34 Kudos