Searching...

Mobile

Re: Will Optus get the new Samsung Galaxy Watch?

NeilMarg

Optus is doing some serious brand damage here.  #3 behind Telstra and Vodafone. Have been a customer for 18 years and switching unless I hear from Optus in next 2 weeks....all they need to do is provide a date or say it won't happen for at least XX months...?

NeilMarg

Optus is doing some serious brand damage here.  #3 behind Telstra and Vodafone. Have been a customer for 18 years and switching unless I hear from Optus in next 2 weeks....all they need to do is provide a date or say it won't happen for at least XX months...?

Clancy10

In any business it's irresponsible to make such definite statements while negotiations are in progress. I've seen both Telstra AND Vodafone make definitive statements and not follow through on those.  These demands have become an unwanted consequence of the privileges of consumerism.

I'm also looking for an upgrade to my Huawei Talkband and would love to do it on a plan. However rather than hold my carrier to account, I'm going to wait and see if they can arrange a deal.  If not I'll explore my options through retailers.  As a BlackBerry user I'm used to service providers dropping the ball on superior products.

If I've helped, mark with Kudos or Solution so I'm not sitting around scratching my head thinking I've got it wrong.

A_Bazzari

Hi mate,

If I may present another point of view here:

- I chose to go with Optus for the Note 9 on a 2 yrs contract. 

- The note 9 is a flagship, arguably the best available, or at least one of the premium and most expensive smartphones this year.

- A month later, Samsung-AU announced the new watch, and the 'On Telstra NW only'. Talking to Samsung, at that time (end of Sept. - early Oct.) their message was: talk to your carrier, at the same time, talking to Optus, the message was 'it was an exclusive deal with Telstra, talk to Samsung' which was update shortly (I think on the 4th, Oct) to, we are looking into supporting the Cellular version of Samsung watch.

So, the problem for many people who just got into a contract, is simply we are going to be forced to not use/enjoy a nice feature. Does it sounds like being held hostage? Well it is not as serious, but if you go for a premium smartphone on a contract with a world class carrier, then you would expect a customer experience on the same level.

Yes they don't have to make any definite statement, but the issue isn't as simple -at least not for everybody- as some might think. If Optus doesn't go ahead and support the cellular version of the watch, It would feel like I am being punished to choose Optus (or pay the remaining 22 months of the contract, which is impractical)

Cheers,

Samsung Galaxy Watch

PEARSO

Has anyone heard when the samsung galaxy watch will be on optus network? 

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch

SamSam

They've said nothing which generally means it won't be coming. Never understand when companies don't just outright say they won't stock a product but seems to be common place with telcos. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

PEARSO

I think its rubbish that they have no problems with apple watches but you cant get the galaxy watch.. i feel i have made a mistake swapping to optus.. 

SamSam

They have different technological set ups so while I agree with you, it wasn't just them saying screw Android/Samsung we don't care about them, there would be cost involved along with time and effort to build the relevant capabilities. 

Hopefully it's not far off! I've got the Galaxy watch (non LTE) and am loving it

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Mason097

Optus better do something soon because i now have telstra on the tower near home and im almost out of contract so if optus cant deliver ill have to change to hellstra or slowdafone but atleast they listen to what their customers want.

PEARSO

Thanks mate. So if you get the non LTE watch when it does eventually go on the network will will ot be compatible 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos