Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Will Optus get the new Samsung Galaxy Watch?

xSQUALLx

So I'm a big time Samsung fanboy.

Wanting to know if anyone is in the know or has heard some whispers about Optus getting the Samsung Galaxy Watch?
I know they used to have the gear s2 years ago so would be cool if I could get the LTE watch on a data plan.

Re: Will Optus get the new Samsung Galaxy Watch?

AlexRH

Hey there @xSQUALLx, no news at this stage! Keep your eyes peeled Smiley Happy 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

BrenoC

Im with you. Would definitely get one, either a standalone or add on. Have been a long time optus customer (23yrs) with 3 phones & NBN in contact atm. Common Optus you can do it!

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

We've sold Galaxy Gear's in the past. I'm not sure how long it's been or which model we'd last sold.

The Galaxy watch is due out in October. In most cases, we would have received a launch bulletin. I haven't come across anything.

I'd suggest keeping an eye on our announcement page. If we do start selling the watch, we'll announce it there.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Tugboat

A_Bazzari

I got the note9 in a 24 months contract, I was waiting to get the 4G version of the watch, and now it appears it is not going to happen. Samsung says it is with the carrier. Breaking the contract after 1 month isn't a realistic option. I wonder why it isn't supported.!

Dan_C

Exclusive right deals @A_Bazzari. Happens all the time with "carrier partners." 

Here and overseas. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

A_Bazzari

Thanks for answeinrg.

On the other hand, Samsung is still telling me (and many others) to "talk to your operator" implying it is the operator's choice, and they haven't given a direct answer regarding the 'exclusivity'.

Thanks again

KungFuZing

Why is it my partner can get the watch through Telstra for a few extra dollars per month on her mobile plan, yet I can not do the same through Optus?

Slinkmysta

I have just had a online chat with Samsung and they have said that it is also available on Vodafone as well as Telstra and they are still talking to other carriers.  Hope that is true

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
40 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos