Searching...

Mobile

Wifi calling not working

phillu65

I have S7 with nougat. VoLTE activated and have the icon showing. Wifi signal strong at home but whenI turn on WiFi  calling it never gives me the WiFi calling  icon on the status bar. 

It has before  but now has stopped. I have cleared cache and rebooted. 

Does  anyone have ideas how to get wifi calling going again.?

Is this my handset or an optus issue? 

P

Re: Wifi calling not working

Gen_R

Hey phllu65 - this would be an issue with your phone :\ Would recommend backing your phone up and hard resetting it. If it's not available after a hard reset it's still not working would recommend touching base with your local store to have it sent away for assessment. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

phillu65

Glen

It has worked before on this handset in the same wifi locations..just 4 days ago it stopped ..I see VoLTE on display but cant get wifi calling to activate anymore.

I have cleared cache and I have rebooted and soft reset.

Are you sure this is not an Optus network issue that has dropped me out of this service??

Gen_R

As we don't control the software on your phone, no. Have you recently downloaded any apps that need to access the calling app? Would recommend a hard reset, do ensure you've back everything up beforehand though. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

phillu65

no apps need calling

will try the hard reset..weird it never happened 4 days ago

Gen_R

OK, let us know how you go. 

Jezza70

I'm having the same issue. I cleared the system cache and rebooted the phone. Resolved the issue for a while but has reverted back to the Wi-Fi calling not working. Any other ideas would be helpful

phillu65

Update..

I talked to someone at Optus technical support..they found apparently an  "issue in the network"  that was causing my problem. I simply then restarted my phone and it worked again as it had before.

I did not need to do a hard reset.

It is working fine this am.

Gen_R

Great to hear! Thanks for keeping us in the loop, may have been an issue on our system. 

Highlighted

phillu65

Alas..I woke up this morning and the wif calling no longer working..

Had it working for 24 hours yesterday..and same networks ( home and work) it no longer works despite reboot and VoLTE working.

What is going on?? Why is this service so flakey??

Could someone from optus call me..I have the query number given to me by Optus ready at hand.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
56 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos