cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Wifi Calling - Pixel 3 XL

**Ahhhhhhhh** [heavenly angle choir singing] finally WiFi calling is working.

The 4 long cold months of suffering, Skype credit, climbing a ladder to try to get signal.... telling people to call you on a land-line... it's all over. 

I feel like a 21st Century Human again.

We'll done Optus... [insert slow, angry clap] you're finally breaking advertising standards regulations for one less claim. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yep mine also updated yesterday afternoon. Just need patience!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

For those who plan on upgrading to the Pixel 4 or Pixel 4XL

See → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Android/Is-Wi-Fi-calling-available-on-the-new-Pixel-devices/td-p/58... for info relating to Wi-Fi calling availability. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi guys,
I have enabled WiFi calling and if I check my phone info it says WiFi Calling is provisioned. How do I know if my call is actually going over WiFi?

I have restarted my phone and made a test call but I don't get some kind of wifi/phone logo on the dialler or anything

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

When making or receiving a call, if it's using Wi-Fi calling the phrase 'Wi-Fi call' will appear above the name/number on the phone screen (see below)

WiFi Call

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

thanks for the info I'll check with optus if my account is actually allowed to make wifi calls

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Also may help:

If your device and account can do voice calls over 4G (VoLTE) then your account should already be enabled for WiFi calling (as both need the same back end settings)

However if your device falls back to 3G when making/receiving voice calls, it's often a sign it's not  enabled on your service.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I called optus and VoLTE/WiFI Calling just wasn't enabled on my account, got that enabled and all working now, surprisingly easy.

I did notice in the past when making calls my phone data icon went from 4G to H+/3G.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors