Searching...

Mobile

Re: Wifi Calling - Pixel 3 XL

Ozsaint

Thanks. Have just done that. I'm up to date. Which you would assume given I just got the phone yesterday and it went through all the setups. Wi-Fi Calling still not provisioned.

So, just to confirm that the 3XL is all enabled now, BUT the 3 is not.

Can us 3 owners then assume that the 3 will become enabled REAL soon?

siers

Just to confirm, you're on the Pixel 3 with the February 2019 update installed.

Can you open the Phone app > tap the 3 dots at the top right and go to Settings > then taps on Calls and see if the WiFi Calling option is listed?

If so, you'll need to turn it on (as it's not enabled by default after the update).

Ozsaint

Hi, yes got just the Pixel 3, and it is fully up to date.

Just did what you said and Wi-Fi Calling is not listed under Call settings.

I'm hoping that someone for Optus can hop on here and explain what is going on .....

Rudders64

Updated my pixel3 (not xl) yesterday. It was the January 19 security update. Phone now saying that it is fully up to date so it looks like the Feb update hasn't been released for the standard size yet  Wifi calling still not available in this update so hopefully the Feb update will see it activated  

Matt-C

My Pixel 3 (purchased through Optus online) - I am up to date (Januray security patch apparently):

Screenshot_20190206-122702.png

wifi calling does not appear on call settings:

Screenshot_20190206-122727.png

Doesn't show as provisioned using *#*#4636#*#*

Screenshot_20190206-123333.png

But this is a bit of a side issue - as far as I can tell, the change happens at their end not ours. Optus don't add anything to the phone's software, they are just unlocking functionality that is already there. I guess their testing has just been to make sure that it works on our phones (although since it works on a galaxy it must work on a pixel). Once they have unblocked your phone, the option to use wifi calling will appear in the phone settings. I guess they're just unblocking the XLs first.

Cyphar

Hi Matt. So you've actually clicked on Check Update first? It showed my phone up to date yesterday until I clicked it and it started downloading the update anyway. 

VoWIFI is blocked as a service on the phone itself, it is not a tick box on the server end to make it work, though obviously it needs to be active on the network first. 

If you can confirm that clicking the button still doesn't pull down the update then it shouldn't be too far off as the monthly security update is due this week. 

Matt-C

Yeah you can see on the screenshot that I checked for an update at 12:25 just before posting. Will keep trying I guess it will update eventually.

Solution

NarcDevil

Just got the update for the pixel 3 and now wifi calling option is there and is enabled!

Rudders64

Just did the Feb update and as others have said wifi calling is now available.

Thanks to everyone for the info and help. Greatly appreciated, cheers. 

Highlighted

Ozsaint

Yep, latest update works for Pixel 3!

All good now. Thanks to those who replied.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
40 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos