Searching...

Mobile

Re: Wifi Calling - Pixel 3 XL

Rudders64

Considering that the phone is still being touted as compatible after all this time despite no action happening they are leaving themselves open to repercussions for misleading advertising. Not that I want to go down that path, I just want what I thought I was getting to work. 

mohan_au

Looks like wifi & volte calling options has been enabled in feb2019 update. Now I can see these options but haven't checked it works.

Solution

KrisC

So the wifi calling update is available now on the Pixel 3 XL, and it works for me. So check for the latest updates and then go into your Phone > the 3 verticle dots in the top right > Calls > Wifi Calling > Flick the switch and set which is preferred. Worked well for me, so hope it works for everyone else.

[ Edited ]
siers

Hooray! The February 2019 update has definitely enabled WiFi Calling for Optus on the Pixel 3 XL.

So firstly apply the latest system updates by going totSettings > System > Advanced > System Update. 

Once the updates have been installed, the option to enable WiFi calling now appears in the Phone > Settings > Call 

WiFi Calling option

Checking the Testing > Phone Information menu (by dialling *#*#4636#*#* ) also shows WiFi Calling as provisioned

Testing Phone Information

Finally with Airplane mode turned on and only connected to WiFi - I can still make and receive calls (and it says it's a WiFi call too)

WiFi Call

Happy days!

siers

Also SMS over WiFi also now works too Smiley Happy

Matt-C

Not showing up for pixel 3 still, nothing in settings and the phone settings diagnostic shows VoLTE as provisioned bit not wifi calling.

Highlighted

Matt-C

I'm kind of happy for you xl owners but super annoyed at the same time. What could delay the release of this feature for pixel 3? 3 and 3xl have identical specs apart from screen and battery size...

Cyphar

Hi Matt. Have you updated the phone with the Feb update? 

Ozsaint

Hi, how do you get the Feb update? I just got my Pixel 3 (not XL) yesterday and ran the Phone Info test and sure enough "Wi-Fi Calling provisioned" is greyed out.  So it is now fixed for the 3XL, but what about the 3? This is quite ridiculous!

siers

Go to Settings > System > Advanced > System Update

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
64 Kudos
40 Kudos
38 Kudos
34 Kudos