cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor IAMSparticus
Occasional Contributor

Re: Wifi Calling - Pixel 3 XL

Hi @Dan_C, I'm on build number PD1A.180720.030 - but from your later post, I'm guessing this makes little difference if Optus are not currently enabling wifi calling on the pixel 3 xl (despite saying it's already available on the website)

Happy to discuss in a private message to get this extremely frustrating issue resolved. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We're working on it @IAMSparticus. We do have plans to roll out the feature for the Pixel range, it's not a maybe, it's a matter of when.

As I said, I'll be sure to update this thread once I have more information.

They've promised to keep me updated on the status of the roll out. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Madhouse
New Contributor

Optus support can answer this thread but could never bother to answer my same issue here: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Network-Coverage/VoLTE-and-Wifi-Calling-for-Google-Pixel/m-p/494624...

It is really poor form by this company to advertise a feature but not provide it.

I was told by online chat, sales over the phone and by staff in Two different stores that the Google Pixel 3 XL is fully supported by Optus on release and that I will be able to make WiFi Calls - this was a lie to get my sale.

I went back into the Optus store and requested out of my contract on the grounds of false information to get me to sign up for a contracted plan. Thankfully they complied and I have ported out from Optus.

Moderator Aman_B

Hi @ Madhouse -  That's definitely not good to hear  and we're really sorry it didn't work out the way it should Smiley Sad I've passed on some feedback about your overall experience. We're here if you need anything else. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor IAMSparticus
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Dan_C - is there any update on the progress of this issue? I notice that the phone is still incorrectly listed on the WiFi Calling Supported phones page:

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/Mobile-Site/Mobiles/Allmobiles?order=wifi_calling

Can we either get an answer on when this will be resolved or know who to speak to for escalation of the issue? As previously mentioned, I've been in store, put onto the help line and also been on the chat help and still no answer on this almost a month into the problem.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@IAMSparticus

Still no word. The likely time-frame quoted was 3-6 months. 

On the desktop browser version of the page, when I do sort by handsets that support WiFi calling - The Pixel range isn't displayed.

I'm having troble finding the search filters on the mobile version of the site. 

What sort of navigation path did you follow to find the URL you've linked? 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor ShonG
New Contributor

I just want to state that I made the upgrade to two Pixel 3s under the impression that Wifi Calling was an option as stated in all your online literature at the time. 

Very frustrating to purchase an item under false pretence. 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Was that based upon the advice of an Optus sales agent? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor ShonG
New Contributor

No it was based on the incorrect details on the Optus website. 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, right.

I really do apologise @ShonG, it's definitely on its way.

I will keep you guys updated. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors