Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Wifi Calling - Pixel 3 XL

KrisC

So I recently picked up a Pixel 3 XL and have noticed that the wifi calling doesn't appear to be working on the new device. I can't seem to figure out how to turn it on as I know that Optus supports it as I had it working on my S8+ but now I'm on a new device can't figure it out.

Anyone able to help with this? I can't see Wifi calling options anywhere they should be, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Wifi Calling - Pixel 3 XL

Cyphar

Hey there.

Not sure if it's enabled on the Pixel 3 yet as mine is still on it's way but a good website on how to enable it if it is is here.

In short:

Settings > Network and Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > WiFi Calling > Toggle On

Let me know if it's there so I can anticpate looking forward to the feature or not!

SamSam

I know with other handsets (this is Optus' first time stocking the Pixel) you have to toggle the VoLTE on first before the option to toggle WiFi calling appears. Might be worth checking that to

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

IAMSparticus

I've got the same issue. I have been on the Optus chat, been in store and then once in store was put onto the call centre and no one was able to answer the Wifi Calling question. 

The call centre staff memeber enabled VoLTE option on my account, but then wasn't able to tell me why the Wifi Calling option wassn't showing on the phone. They passed me around a few departments, before connecting me to Google. The Google staff member took me to a hidden stat screen on the phone, where there's a toggle to switch on Wifi Calling, but the option was greyed out (see attached). 

The Google staff member then said to call Optus (again) as the Wifi Calling option is carrier enabled, so at that point I threw myself under a bus to end the missery. 

Hopefully someone else can find the answer and update us all. 

Screenshot_20181106-125851.png

Tris

Hi guys, currently Pixel 3 isn't supported for WiFi calling, I can't give a time frame as to when this could change I would anticipate it to be added to the list at some point though. Keep an eye on the website for updates

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

SamSam

Ummmm the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL are both on the list for enabled WiFi calling phones Tris? Right next to the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, you just need to press the "WiFi Calling Phones for you" button on the link you provided

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Tris

My bad, so it is @SamSam, I'll request an update from the relevant team in that case and post back

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

@IAMSparticus

AM I ELIGIBLE FOR THE WIFI CALLING SERVICE?

To be eligible for WiFi Calling, you need to:

• Be an Optus customer or Optus Small and Medium Business customer
  • Request that VoLTE (ie 4G Voice Calls) and WiFi Calling is applied to your service.
  • Have an Optus approved WiFi Calling compatible device
  • Turn on your WiFi Calling settings on your device.

Can you send us a private message? I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. Could you also go in and confirm the build number of your Pixel? The last firmware update for the Pixel was compelted on the 02/11/18. 

The current build number is - PQ1A.181105.017.A1

VoLTE is rolled out in batches. I'm fairly certain it's based on the address that's logged as your "service address." 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Hi Guys, I've received an update from our Network team.

At this stage, WiFi calling hasn't been enabled for the Pixel Range. That's not to say that it won't eventually become available for Pixel users on Optus. 

We're working with Google to have the feature enabled within the coming months. 

If I hear anything further, I'll be sure to update this thread. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

IAMSparticus

Hi Optus, I'm sorry, but this is disgraceful! 

As a long standing Optus customer, I've put up with very poor courage at my home (Northern Beach of Sydney) as you offered the WiFi Talk app. As I'm sure you know this was discontinued a month or so ago.

I upgraded to the Pixel 3 XL and renewed my plan for two year only after checking that the handset was on your wifi calling enabled list (as pointed out by the other users in the previous messages, this is still on your site).

Simply saying that this is something that might become available in the future is completely unacceptable.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
34 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos