Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

WiFi Calling on Google Pixel 2

stav0101

The Google Pixel supports native WiFi calling, why hasn't Optus added it to its compatible devices list. It is arguably the best Android phone on the market and comes with stock Android, surely all it would take on Optus's end is the flick of a switch to allow it. It works on both Telstra and Vodaphone currently, I've used it myself.

Re: WiFi Calling on Google Pixel 2

Paddylee

The Pixel 2 was a Telstra exclusive device.  I dont think carriers would put much time into devices they dont sell or have a large volume of customers using.

I dont see it listed on Vodafones compatible device list (only Samsun & Apple devices listed)

Probably a bit more than "flick of a switch" especially when Optus dont have the handsets available to test and I dont think they would go out and buy several to test on just for a small number of users.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Bestusefultips

Want to make calls over Wi-Fi on Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL? Here’s how to enable WiFi calling on Pixel 2 XL devices. Not all carriers supper calls over Wi-Fi. There are two ways to Turn on WiFi calling Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL. You'll try below given possible methods. 

1st Method: 

Phone app > Three vertical dots (More) > Settings > calls > Wi-Fi calling

2nd Method: 

Phone app > Three vertical dots (More) > Settings > calls > Calling accounts > SIP accounts > + icon > Enter Username or ID, password and server of your new SIP account > Save

I hope one of the above given method useful to make wifi calling on Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Oreo.

jiminhno

Does this second option work? I have a pixel 2 xl, I don't have the first option available in my phone's settings so are we not able to do wifi calling? So need a straight answer please 👍🏼

Highlighted
Solution

Paddylee

As this device is not on the list - then no - not available.

Second option is if you have your own VOIP service through a VOIP provider

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos