Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

When will EMUI 10 be available for Optus Mate 20 Pro uses?

Q1) When will EMUI 10 be available for Optus Mate 20 Pro uses?

It was promised in Jan 2020 then hinted a week ago?

Do you have an ETA for release?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: When will EMUI 10 be available for Optus Mate 20 Pro uses?

Hi SimonFearby, as Optus has completed the testing it is now back in the hands of the manufacturer to distribute. In some circumstances, they choose to stagger the deployment to ensure their servers can keep up with the demand. This is mentioned in the Android Software Update thread in the What's the Process link 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

>Do you have an ETA for release?

Q1) Do you have an ETA for release?

The last ETA Optus had was last month.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That was for Optus to complete testing. With regards to when Huawei distribute it, we don't have an ETA I'm afraid. You would need to ask Huawei.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Huawei Support Australia mobile.au@mail01.huawei.com
Date: Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 1:40 PM
Subject: [Huawei Device Customer Care] Re: ###############: Mail Support
To: simon ######@######.com

Abu (Huawei Device Customer Care)
Feb 18, 10:40 CST
Dear Simon,
################- Regarding Mate 20 Pro system upgrade

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. Please be advised that the EMUI 10 system update will be pushed to all Mate 20 Pro (Optus) either randomly based on serial numbers or in the order in which the devices were manufactured starting from the last week of this month February 2020. We recommend connecting to a strong Wifi network and make sure your phone has at least 30% charge at the time of the update.

….
Thank you for choosing Huawei.
Nathan
Huawei Customer Care Consultant
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Excellent, thanks for sharing. I'll be referring other customers with Huawei handsets to this. Cheers ☺️ 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

fyi

I replied to Huawei with

>My serial number is F3R02######### Q1) When will I receive the update?

The reply was

> Kindly be informed that the updates are sending based on batches or as per the serial number of the device. It is also pushed to the customers based on several rules. Each new release needs to pass several revisions and test phases with local carriers to ensure that you will get the best user experience. In this regard, the EMUI 10.0 update for your phone model will be released during this month as each software build is optimized specifically for the hardware version of the device. By the end of the release, cycle witch is the February end for your device, all users will receive the update. We appreciate your patience and thank you for your corporation.