With an impressive 6.39-inch display, sleek design and a camera that turns any amateur photographer ... Read the full story
2019-01-03 08:21 AM
Will volte work with an Australian model of Samsung 8 plus or does it need Optus software
2019-01-03 11:37 AM
@mickmcmahon6730 our VoLTE FAQ page mentions that you'll need an Optus supplied VoLTE compatible handset.
The following Samsung devices, when purchased from Optus on a postpaid plan, are supported by the Optus VoLTE (4G voice) service. These devices, noted by their ‘Build number’ also support emergency calls to Triple Zero over the 4G Network.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Emergency Calls Build Number NMF26X.N950FXXU1AQH4)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 (Emergency Calls Build Number NRD90M.G950FXXU1AQC9)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (Emergency Calls Build Number NRD90M.G955FXXU1AQC9)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 (Emergency Calls Build Number NRD90M.G930FXXU1DQBH)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Emergency Calls Build Number NRD90M.G935FXXU1DQBH)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 (Emergency Calls Build Number NRD90M.G920IDVU3FQH3)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (Emergency Calls Build Number NRD90M.G925IDVU3FQH3)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (Emergency Calls Build Number NRD90M.G928IDVU3CQF3)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (Emergency Calls Build Number NRD90M.N920IDVU3CQF3)
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 (Emergency Calls Build Number MMB29K.A520FXXU1A
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.
Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.
Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button
2019-01-11 11:22 PM
Just to confirm handset doesnt have to be optus supplied.Purchased S9 from Harvey Norman put optus sim in and VoLTE and Vowifi worked straight away. XSA software
Agreed... Optus VoLTE has worked fine with various Galaxy phones that run XSA firmware and not Optus-supplied.