Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

VoLTE on Sony Xperia XZ Premium

I have the new Sony Xperia XZ Premium with VoLTE enabled in settings.  I don't see any VoLTE icon at the top of the home screen and call connections seem no faster than before.  Is there something else I need to do to have VoLTE?

Also does this phone support WiFi calling?  I assumed it would but can't see it in the settings.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: VoLTE on Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Did you get the handset from Optus or did you buy somewhere like JB HiFi or online? 

Only reason is, there's no mention of it on the VoLTE list of handsets so I was surprised you even had the option but if it's not running Optus firmware that would explain why

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Got it from Optus and Optus sales material says it supports VoLTE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Hmmm weird. Here's the page I look at - https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/custom/page/page-id/tp2/VoLTE-support

You can see that not all VoLTE devices are WiFi calling ready but all WiFi calling ready phones are VoLTE compatible so chances are no WiFi calling just yet. Weird it's not on the VoLTE list though

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Not really. My galaxy s7 is bought outright and supports volte. Hoping my new xz premium supports it. Disappointed my wife's new u11 isn't enabled considering its superior to the htc 10 which is

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Is VOLTE available in your area. I've just got xz premium and soon as I turned on the phone VOLTE was active. When I activated on my gs7 it took a few hrs to activate 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

To help the volte symbol on xz premium looks like V the o looks like a WiFi symbol tilted right with lte sideways

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Volte is active on my wife's HTC 11 now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for replies.  Here's the solution:

Contact Optus technical support.  VoLTE has to be enabled for your account.  It's not something you can enable yourself just with the phone settings.  The rep did it while I chatted to him then I restarted the phone and it was there.

0 Kudos