cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor appss
New Contributor

VOLTE

Hey Team,

My Samsung9 device is showing that it is using the VOLTE but when i go into the settings>Connection>mobile networks there is no setting for VOLTE?

Also does the VOLTE prevent the device making phone calls to Landlines without the "07" Prefix?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: VOLTE

S9 and S9+ were the first android phones I know of to have VoLTE on be default with no settings options to turn it on/off which is why you don't see it. 

It shouldn't prevent those calls but I've had troubles in the past calling from a mobile to landline (before VoLTE was a thing) without the prefix, even if I was in the same state so I don't think it has anything to do with VoLTE

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
New Contributor appss
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply Samsam,

Im always hesitant when these new updates take effect without notice, and for it to actually have no physical settings is another story.

so is this VOLTE a good thing to have in your opinion? 

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

With this one it wasn't an update, it's how the phne came in the first place.

That said though, VoLTE is only a good thing. Better call quality, calls connect faster, given telco's are focussing on rolling 4G out further and futher (4G is LTE) it'll mean better coverage and all at no extra cost, there's no down side Smiley Happy

Unless you're with Telstra who had a VoLTE outage last week or the week before lol but it still has standard calling to fall back on Smiley Happy

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor appss
New Contributor

funny you say it wasnt an update that is how the phone came.

because the VOLTE only appeared on the top of my screen in the last 2 days.

not a worry im always up for imprvement.

Thanks for your help Samsam.

Regards,

Apps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

That's a little strange it only just started to kick in but yes, definitely an improvement. 

Enjoy the rest of your day Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Top Contributors