cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unlock code not available

I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro purchased some time back as a prepaid phone at KMart. I have requested an unlock code as I am moving to an area where Optus reception is poor. I used the online form to unlock but the answer I received was an unlock code was not available.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Unlock code not available

Hey @Salann, thanks for getting in touch with us. Can you please provide us with the exact error message/Decline Code you received?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Tina,

The reply was

No immediate unlock code can be found. An Optus rep will contact you in 5 business days...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for that, @Salann

If the quoted timeframe passes and you haven't heard back, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app: https://app.optus.com.au/msg-us?tags=OCAYCMSG. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page for further assistance. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@SalannBased on past experience once the 5 days arrives make a complaint that no one has called and you want it resolved "today" (as in when the 5 days has elapsed).

Optus have never called me back this year with the exception of trying to resolve the issue after I made a formal complaint and even then the calls or emails were just before the time in the Optus complaint process said it may take up to 'X' days and the call/email was on the 'X' day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the advice AndrewC1 . Here's hoping I might be an exception!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors