cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Uninstall Facebook App Samsung S9

I've recently purchased a Samsung S9 with Optus and the Facebook App is blocked from being uninstalled.  I appreciate I can disable it but I want to be able to remove it from the phone all together.

How can I make this happen?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Uninstall Facebook App Samsung S9

Looks like its included in most samsung firmware releases e.g. Samsung put it into the firmware releases they send to providers.

Most likely a deal between Samsung and Facebook.

Looks like its been included with many generations of Samsung devices e.g. S8, Note 8 and now S9.

Not sure of any way around this unless Optus is able to remove it from the firmware themselves in the future?

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I did a quick google and while most posts I found were from US customers, it would appear that it's driven by the carrier, at least partially anyway as some customers could remove it when the handset was purchased from 1 carrier while others with another carrier couldn't.

That's a shame because I was keen on getting the new Note this year but wasn't aware that Samsung/Optus did this sort of thing...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I checked my own Note 8 (Optus plan) and I can uninstall Facebook app if I wish (no disable option, just Uninstall or Force Stop)

So Note 8 seems to be clear of this.

0 Kudos