Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Uninstall Facebook App Samsung S9

I've recently purchased a Samsung S9 with Optus and the Facebook App is blocked from being uninstalled.  I appreciate I can disable it but I want to be able to remove it from the phone all together.

How can I make this happen?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Uninstall Facebook App Samsung S9

Looks like its included in most samsung firmware releases e.g. Samsung put it into the firmware releases they send to providers.

Most likely a deal between Samsung and Facebook.

Looks like its been included with many generations of Samsung devices e.g. S8, Note 8 and now S9.

Not sure of any way around this unless Optus is able to remove it from the firmware themselves in the future?

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I did a quick google and while most posts I found were from US customers, it would appear that it's driven by the carrier, at least partially anyway as some customers could remove it when the handset was purchased from 1 carrier while others with another carrier couldn't.

That's a shame because I was keen on getting the new Note this year but wasn't aware that Samsung/Optus did this sort of thing...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I checked my own Note 8 (Optus plan) and I can uninstall Facebook app if I wish (no disable option, just Uninstall or Force Stop)

So Note 8 seems to be clear of this.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos