Searching...

Mobile

Unable to use My Optus App with new S10+

[ Edited ]
TheAlchemist

Every time I login to the mobile app it wants me to create a pin. Then it come up with an error message "Something Went Wrong " Try again later etc. I have uninstalled and reinstall, sought help from Optus but it's still doing the same thing. Can anyone help. S10+

Re: webmail login

Yeldarb

Not sure I follow your question as webmail does not require an app or pin?

https://webmail.optusnet.com.au/

TheAlchemist

I said Mobile app.

Yeldarb

Fron my understanding the Optus app requires a pin number for it to work and the first time you open the app it should have explained that. Did that info not display?

TheAlchemist

Please read the OP carefully. I have set it up, received the imitial pin via text and logged in. It now is asking to set up a new pin each time I login and comes up with an error.

Yeldarb

You have posted with the title of "webmail login" and you have stated that you are asked to create a pin every time you start the app. It may be clear to you my friend however if the problem is simply the app not excepting the pin that Optus has sent you then you may need to speak with support. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app would have been my suggestion but you have already done that.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

TheAlchemist

It shouldn't have come under that heading as its not the one I chose. Regardless Its always good to read the whole post and not scan it. Support were no help at all. 

Android app login failure

TheAlchemist

I have a new phone and setup my login to the My Optus app. I used the pin that was sent to me via text as part of the setup process. However now, every time I login to the mobile app it wants me to create a pin. Then it come up with an error message "Something Went Wrong " Try again later etc. I have uninstalled and reinstall, sought help from Optus but it's still doing the same thing. Can anyone help. S10+

Re: Android app login failure

Ray_YC

As it's a new Samsung I assume it's running the latest version of Android.

This shouldn't be the solution but does it make a difference if you turn your location on? Another Android user had a somewhat similar issue,

We haven't read any other S10+ users advising they are having this issue.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Android app login failure

TheAlchemist

Location is always on. Not sure about other S10+ users however there is another post with the same issue. This is the first time I have posted here. I am sure that many don't bother coming here for answers. I only did as I have not been able to find a solution elsewhere.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos