Searching...

Mobile

Unable to send MMS on Samsung S9

DPM

Any ideas on how to resolve issue with not being able to send pictures MMS using a Samsung S9. I also had this exact issue with a Samsung S7 Edge so doubt its a phone issue.

So far have completed all steps as suggested in the Optus troubleshoot guide online and have reset the APN and added a MMS APN with the assistance of the Optus Tech.

Not only has Optus been unable to resolve this issue, I have multiple screen shots showing icon with no/poor service coverage resulting in no internet access and calls constantly dropping out. All this is occuring within no more than 10km of Perth CBD. What's ironic is that it occurs often when I am near or can see the Optus Stadium.

In the past the only option that has been successful is using an alternative messaging app than the Sansung messaging app installed on the phone.

Are any of these issues effecting anyone else and what did you do to fix it?

Highlighted

Re: Unable to send MMS on Samsung S9

markdennis

try turning off DATA and after that turn off the phone, this will restart your MMS

DPM

I have tried this many times before unfortunately with no success.

I am noticing that I can send MMS to some numbers but never to my partners phone number. Any solution here would be great

Susiebell66

Same issue for me.  Just got the note 9.  Not happy

Mike-N

Hey Susiebell66. Did your purchase your new Note 9 from Optus or are you on a SIM Only Plan (BYO Device). There's some different issues being reported on this thread. If you send us a private message with some further details about what is happening when you attempt to send MMS, how you purchased your phone, and what steps you've taken so far to attempt to resolve the issue, we'll respond back to you with further assistance!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

DPM

Hi Mike-N

That's an interesting point as my plan is Sim only with Optus.

Along with MMS issues I have continued call drop outs occurring in areas that is 4G. As a result 2 phone conversations dropped out today whilst mid call. 

Time to look for a new service provider it looks.

Skip1469

Hi,

I have been having issues with my Note 9 since it was upgraded to the latest software update. First I was unable to receive calls. after 2 factory resets, problem appears to be gone. but, now I am unable to send or receove MMS. followed all the steps on troubleshoot, No difference. This morning, I have completed yet another Factory reset. still having a problem.

what is suposed to be a great phone, has turned out to be a real issue with myself

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
18 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
13 Kudos