Got a bizzare problem... If I get an MMS on my Samsng Galaxy S6 it will not download if I'm on 4G.
But if I switch to 3G (either by chnaging settings or initiating a mobile call) it will download.
So whenever I get an MMS, I need to make a phoen call then mid call I need to go to the MMS and tap it to download.
I've called Optus support but they keep trying to tell me its a WiFi problem and I keep telling them I have my WiFi turned off, but they won't listen. Hoping someone can assist with more common sense than tech support has.
- Opus Network
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- MMS will not download on 4G
- Need to switch to 3G to download MMS
- Also cannot send MMS on 4G but can send on 3G
- Standard SMS works fine on 3g and 4g
- Data works fine on 4g and 3g
- Problem exists not matter if I have WiFi on or off.
- Mobile was with Vodafone where MMS worked fine, switched to Optus using same handset and problems with MMS since then.
MMS is treated as data.
I have locked my Note 8 to 4g only and it sends and receives both SMS and MMS without an issue.
I still think its APN based issue
Thank you for the link.
I have checked and confirmed that all my MMS settings match;
MMS APN / Technical Settings
Please advise if it is normal to have the screen greyed out.
Is there a way to refresh the MMS settings?
I can confirm that the Optus MMS settings are greyed out on my S8+ also, and the settings match your screenshots exactly. Which makes me think this could be a hardware issue. Have you raised this with Samsung directly for advice?
From our end I can raise an escalation with our Mobile Network team, so feel free to send me a private message with your phone number, full name and DOB and we'll see what they recommend.