Searching...

Mobile

Transfer Handset & contract balance

CoryC

Somebody lost their job & can no longer afford their contracted mobile service. They want to transfer ownership of their handset & the balance of their contract to another person.

Is this possible? Do they keep their old Ph number or does that go with the contract?

Re: Transfer Handset & contract balance

Yeldarb

From what I understand everything including the number would be transferred to the new owner. Have a look at the link below for more information.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/how-to-change-your-account-name-or-service-ownership?req...

Shae

Hey @ 

[ Edited ]
Shae

SamSam

You can complete a change of ownership, that's not a problem but the person taking on the contract will receive the phone number and need to pass a credit cheque. I don't believe you can transfer the balance outstanding on the account but the receiving person can easily pay the old bill so no real need for that anyway

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Yeldarb

Yep as I said the other day when 3 of us answered the same question, that’s what I call service! Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
64 Kudos
40 Kudos
38 Kudos
34 Kudos