Searching...

Mobile

Tab S4 firmware

Kelvin1111

May I know when will we get firmware and security update for tab S4 purchased from Optus?  Mine has June 2018 patch, which is very old

Re: Tab S4 firmware

bobodevil

That's right. There has been features that Samsung released for BETA that requires the Tab s4 to be on the newest patch.

please help expedite.

Aman_B

Hi @ Kelvin1111 and @bobodevil - So sorry but we don't have an update on this yet.  Please feel free to check the  available and coming updates online here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

WilliamP

Still no update on new firmware for Tab S4 since July. Will this device keep getting ignored? Other carriers overseas offer monthly updates what is going on with Australian carriers?

WilliamP

Is this question being ignored like Optus ignored firmware updates the the Tab S4?

Dan_C

I did send an email to our device testing area, that was a few months back.

I'll send a follow up through.

What's the current build number on the TAB S4 you have?

I've expressed customers concerns over the fact that they haven't received a security patch update since launch. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

bobodevil

Security Patch October 2018 is out now.

WilliamP

Yep, it looks as though the updates are managed through Samsung rather than Optus 

Highlighted

Dan_C

That's correct. 

I received an email on Friday.

Galaxy Tab S4 is open market version. There will be no updates for Optus. Samsung updates will be for all open market customers and we do not need to test unless the changes are significant.

Look like we're relying on Samsung Aus for the update. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
40 Kudos
23 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos