cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Aussiesydney
New Contributor

Sms notification

N o matter what i have done I can't get sms notifications sound or even a number on messaging app of how many if any messages are waiting on my s9 ph.. I just found 11 messages that I was not notified of.. it just cost me over $4000 as I didn't message back and they got someone else to do the work. Not happy at all  .. 

There has to be a fix for this somewhere but I can't find anywhere.. notification settings on ph are all on ..nothing on Optus..  should have stayed with vodaphone I'm thinking..

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Sms notification

Hi AussieSydney,

Have you looked under Settings -> Notifications -> Messages -> Toggle Off/On

and Settings -> Notification Sounds -> Messages Notifications -> Toggle Off/On and choose the sound

If that all looks fine, have you tried putting your SIM in a spare/borrowed phone to see if the same thing happens? Is the latest software installed? Extremely doubtful it is a network issue.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor SteveV
Contributor

Re: Sms notification

I'm going to have to agree. The fact that the messages are on the phone rules out networks issue so regardless of provider the issue would remain with the phone. 

0 Kudos