Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor ShaneMiddo
Occasional Contributor

Sim Network Unlock Pin

I have an optus bought mobile and tried to put an ALDI sim card into it but now get a message of "Sim Network Unlock Pin" has anyone else had this issue? Optus are telling me that the phone is unlocked and all they can do is send on my issue to the technical team but I'm not without a phone!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Sim Network Unlock Pin

Was it an Optus prepaid phone?

What model of phone is it? 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Paddylee...

The phone is a Samsung J5 bought from the Optus Shop at Westfield Tuggerah NSW, at this stage I havent heard anything other than the local store telling me the phone is unlocked but couldn't explain the 'Sim Network Pin" request.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

If it was $279 then its a prepaid device which would be network locked.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/prepaidmobile/samsung/galaxy-j5-pro

Unlock info thread: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/How-to-unlock-Your-Prepaid-Mobile-Phone-or-Device/td-p/10822...

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Occasional Contributor

Hi Paddylee...

I have been through that unlock process and I got the message, "No immediate unlock code can be found for this mobile device".

It goes on to say an Optus representative will be in contact on how to unlock the device but without my mobile phone working and rarely being home that's not possible.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

This is what I have been advised by Tech Support;

"I checked and found that the network unlock code is not updated by the manufacturer. However, not to worry....I will go ahead and escalate this to the backend team so that the backend team will contact the manufacturer and get the unlock code for you. It will take 5-7 business days."

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi ShaneMiddo,

You have followed the right process, confirmed by Paddylee.

Please let us know how you go when you receive the code. If the quoted timeframe passes and you haven't heard back, please let us know so we can do our best to follow this up for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray...

I have the codes, which code do I need to enter or need to enter first, the NUC Code or Master Code?

Thanks...

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Here are the steps, I would say it's the NUC Code:

– Insert another carrier SIM into your Samsung, other than the original SIM card.

– Wait until your phone reads “Enter Unlock Code” or “Sim Network Unlock Pin”.

– Enter the unlock code into the blank field.

– The message “Network Unlock Successful” will be displayed.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor lockjaw
New Contributor

I have the same phone as you and the same problem.  How long did it take for you to receive the unlock code?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos